Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I can barely sustain tier 6 maps this league. Got lucky with a couple div card drops...ty samurai eye :) ... I need a ssd because gank squad kills me everytime...damn screen freeze...kinda hard to level.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
From everything I've seen on the subreddit, I'm kinda glad that I decided to not play this league.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I can barely sustain tier 6 maps this league. Got lucky with a couple div card drops...ty samurai eye :) ... I need a ssd because gank squad kills me everytime...damn screen freeze...kinda hard to level.

I had the exact same problem until the third or fourth fix GGG threw at it. Now my computer doesn't stop dead at the ambush. But now I can tell from the first second when a map is a betrayal map because of the general lag throughout the map. I still pretty much hate betrayal, and especially resent making it a core part of the game. I don't like synthesis or the pyramid exploring one either-GGG's idea of a challenge/enjoyment is to be forced to rush through everything. So I skip those encounters completely. Mostly now I play standard, using up the old odd maps and delving.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Ever since getting hung up on Templar Avarius at the end of act V the game has kind of lost its place on my current play log. I was playing it quite a bit up until then but after getting killed by that second phase I sort of stopped caring about getting any further.

I do dig the game a lot though; actually voted it up as the "Labor of Love" category on the Steam awards last year.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I finished with the league on Saturday. Overall I think it was OK. After that major patch on the 3rd? week, I felt the mechanic was fine. Modded up memories were very rewarding. But I did find the bosses to be eh. I ended up accumulating around 8000c. Ended up buying 28 Pure Chayula stones and running them in channel 159 on the last day.

I never experienced the Intervention lag that others did and the Betrayal gank squads almost never kill me. I have 50evade/50dodge/52spell dodge and when they show up I just pop Vaal Grace and they never hit me. I died once all league to them.

I am starting to agree with a few reddit posts expressing concern that a lot of the new content forces you to stop what you're doing and run it if you don't want to lose out. Example, you can't accumulate temples. Once your layout is done you have to run it or you lose out when Alva appears. Delve forces you to get to a certain sulphite amount to through playing/upgrades which takes awhile. The Nexus only has 10 memories then you lose out on new ones. Betrayal safe houses lose intel if you don't run them and go away. I don't mind this mechanic when there is just a couple instances of it but it's starting to get out of hand.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I liked my build. Didn't like the league mechanic. I agree that there's just "too much" now. Is that possible? But having to stop doing one thing, to "finish" the other, then go back to a 3rd etc etc. They need a "simpler" league like they used to do where it was more or less in-line with the normal story-line - breach for example. I'd say betrayal even too wasn't that horrible and didn't take you out of sync too much with the main storyline/maps.

That's just my humble, part timer, opinion

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
The new mechanic is just mapping re-done with lower map drop rates.
I've had fun with it since I started treating the memories as extra maps.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
New league in a couple of weeks. I haven't looked too deeply into it yet though. Seem promising?

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
This new league Legion is shaping up to be one of the better leagues it seems (at least on paper)
My friends and I are very excited for launch.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I think I'll actually miss synthesis after playing 1-2 new leagues.
I'll enjoy getting back to simple mapping for a while, but I did enjoy the "different mapping" format that synthesis provided once they tweaked it a bit.

I hope it comes back in some form one day.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Dual Strike
  • Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 125% at gem level 1 (from 58%), up to 170% at gem level 20 (from 104%).
  • Now has 50% increased critical strike chance at gem level 1, up to 107% at gem level 20.
  • Now has 100% more critical strike chance against enemies that are on full life.
  • Now deals 30% more damage with hits and ailments against enemies that are on full life.
  • Now has an attack speed multiplier of 70%.
  • Now gains +0.5% to critical strike multiplier and 1% increased critical strike chance per 1% quality (previously 0.5% increased attack speed per 1% quality).

Is this the largest buff to a skill ever? Or am I missing something?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Dual Strike
  • Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 125% at gem level 1 (from 58%), up to 170% at gem level 20 (from 104%).
  • Now has 50% increased critical strike chance at gem level 1, up to 107% at gem level 20.
  • Now has 100% more critical strike chance against enemies that are on full life.
  • Now deals 30% more damage with hits and ailments against enemies that are on full life.
  • Now has an attack speed multiplier of 70%.
  • Now gains +0.5% to critical strike multiplier and 1% increased critical strike chance per 1% quality (previously 0.5% increased attack speed per 1% quality).

Is this the largest buff to a skill ever? Or am I missing something?

You're missing the 70% attack speed multiplier which it didn't have before. Actual skill damage change without the critical strike or damage on full life added in is only about 14-15%. So for Shaper or Uber Elder it is only around 16 to 17% with crit buff included . Which is still good though because it was already one of the best single target melee skills if not the best. The damage on full life stuff should help it clear better assuming the new AoE skill gets it out far enough to matter.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Going to run an EQ Slayer. If I don't like it, the Slayer ascendancy will allow me to swap to a few different decent skills.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
After only playing Betrayal until just reaching maps and skipping Synthesis entirely, I'm planning to get back to playing PoE in Legion. Unfortunately, I'm flying out tomorrow.... just for three days but that means I'll again be missing the league start.

So what's going to the OP skill(s) this league. I've never played a melee skill before but apparently this is the melee phys league so I'm all for abusing any OP mechanics.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I think Cyclone is going to be the more popular skill used this league. I've played it before and loved it, but the changes to how it operates have me over the moon. It depends on what the streamers end up picking though, since that influences build popularity and subsequently trade prices.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Cyclone and Lacerate are going to be very popular. But a ton of melee skills are viable this league with the buffs they received, impale mechanics and the new stances/pride. It should be rather easy to hit 1.5 to 2m dps on a large variety of melee skills and complete anything in the game.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Had some time to kill this weekend so I fired up a new toon and hammered through Act 1.
Thought I'd do an ED build as that seems to be some of the meta for this league? Maybe wrong though. I've never done a shadow build either, so figured it was a good combo to play when I can. This is the build I'm using: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254
If anyone wants to drop some leveling gear in the stash (if anyone even has access to it anymore?) that'd be appreciated.

On a related note, whats the minimum GPU you guys recommend for this game? I'm considering buying and popping into my PC at work so I can play a little here and there over lunch. But I do not want to spend all that much money...

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
The guy in our guild who went essence drain/contagion was an easy 10 levels above everyone else after the first day.

I switched through numerous melee skills and ended up going back to Ngamhu's Cyclone. It's sad that they worked so much on melee skills and the best one by far is still cyclone.

Reactions: Homerboy