Patch Tuesday November 2015 - Microsoft released 12 security bulletins

SergeyGor

Mar 18, 2014
Yesterday, Microsoft has released their monthly set of security bulletins designed to address security vulnerabilities within their products. For Patch Tuesday November 2015, Microsoft released 12 security bulletins, four rated as critical and the remaining 8 rated as important. Four bulletins are rated critical and address vulnerabilities in Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Journal, and Windows. The remaining eight bulletins are rated important and address vulnerabilities in .NET, IPsec, Kerberos, Lync/Skype for Business, NDIS, Office, SChannel, and Winsock. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms15-nov.aspx

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
I've stopped installing MS patches until they are vetted out for telemetry and W10 upgrade. That includes critical updates. Sorry state of affairs, but that is what I have to do.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
I had to do a repair install of office 2010 in order to get outlook working again.

Yes, after the update my outlook started crashing left and right. Then finally it messed up its message view badly. Sounds like Microsoft fired whole testing team.

SergeyGor

Mar 18, 2014
yes, and one of them (kb 3097877) does quite a number on your system:

If you suddenly find that Microsoft Outlook crashes every single time you're trying to open an HTML email, uninstall update KB3097877. Microsoft released a bad update!

Last edited:

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
I have Outlook'13 installed as an archive... I switched to Thunderbird finally after the last forced update to '13... and it's showing errors... and I didn't even install -7877!

Good job, MS.