passport pictures

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
most any photo shop should do them for you

i got mine done at "black's" a while back.. im not sure if that company even exists in the US though.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Colt45
most any photo shop should do them for you

i got mine done at "black's" a while back.. im not sure if that company even exists in the US though.

Thanks for the quick reply!

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: nyjets
Originally posted by: conjur
Kinko's
Sears
Walmart Portraits
AAA

Does Kinko's take pictures?

Did for me several years ago...might have to be a larger location.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
Kinko's
Sears
Walmart Portraits
AAA

Does Kinko's take pictures?

Did for me several years ago...might have to be a larger location.

ok thanks. I just checked sears website and found out that the store right by me has a Portrait Studios. I'm going to check it out tom. to see if they take passport size pictures. It's funny that I did'nt even think of Sears :). Well anyways hopefully they will have it because I was hoping to get it in the mail tom. afternoon or Wed.. Do you know if these stores still show you a proof sheet and then allow you to pick out you'r picture (I know they used to :))?

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If you're a AAA member, in some states they'll take it for free. That's what I did, but I don't really know why they offer that...

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
The place where you actually file for the passports in person e.g. federal buildings sometimes will have a place where you can take pics too. I know the one in LA (on wilshire) had that.

-Ed

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Triumph
If you're a AAA member, in some states they'll take it for free. That's what I did, but I don't really know why they offer that...

Thanks! I'll look into that :). How long did you have to wait for you'r pictures though?

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001

They charged me in PA, paid like $9 for 4 of them.

Better yet, do you know someone with a digital camera? Take a pic, resize it to passport size, then print at Walmart or Kinkos. It'll only cost you $0.46 for 6 of them since you can fit 6 onto a 4x6.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
Originally posted by: BruinEd03
The place where you actually file for the passports in person e.g. federal buildings sometimes will have a place where you can take pics too. I know the one in LA (on wilshire) had that.

-Ed

Thanks for the info!

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
I don't know where you live, but many of the Genovese (Eckerd) drugstores in the NY Metro area do them for like $8 for 2.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Cyberian
I don't know where you live, but many of the Genovese (Eckerd) drugstores in the NY Metro area do them for like $8 for 2.

Yeah I live in NY. Do you know if they show you a proof sheet at Genovese? Thanks!

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: kami333

Better yet, do you know someone with a digital camera? Take a pic, resize it to passport size, then print at Walmart or Kinkos. It'll only cost you $0.46 for 6 of them since you can fit 6 onto a 4x6.

You have to get that measurement JUST right and the image cropped perfectly.

I've had photos rejected for very minor size issues or improper exposure/cropping.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003

I've had photos rejected for very minor size issues or improper exposure/cropping.

Good point I was thinking the same thing.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000

Yeah I live in NY. Do you know if they show you a proof sheet at Genovese? Thanks!
I really don't remember, it was a real long time ago.
Sorry.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001

It's not as hard as you think. Took me about 5min total to do it, then another 15min to drive and print it.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
I just found a coupon on sears website for $2 off a passport picture. I'm hoping that they show you a proof sheet, and then let you pick out the picture that you want. Well anyways thanks to everyone for all of their help :).

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Our local BOFA takes pictures to be put onto BOFA debit/credit cards.

They use a standard passport photo machine and charge a reasonable $10 for double Passport picts which you get INSTANTLY.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003

It's not as hard as you think. Took me about 5min total to do it, then another 15min to drive and print it.

Thanks! I'll do this if I can't get it from Sears ex. . It's a good back up plan for me. :)

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
I got mine done the other day at The UPS Store. I know that where I used to live the True Value hardware store also did them.

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003

I really don't remember, it was a real long time ago.
Sorry.

NP thanks anyways!
:)

nyjets

Jun 28, 2003
Originally posted by: zippy
I got mine done the other day at The UPS Store. I know that where I used to live the True Value hardware store also did them.

I did'nt think of the UPS store, did you'r picture come out good? TIA!

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Just have them taken where you apply for your passport. Many of the offices take them and then if there is a problem they fix it at their expence right then.:)