Parts clearance.... to my DC buddies first... ** ALL SOLD **

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ssvegeta1010
Hmm... Next time I'll try to buy one of those machines. Only $70. Even I can afford that. And a case/PSU/HD/CD drive could be bought used.
The DVD burner looked like an awesome deal too.

Well... all these barebones were in cases, so LMK what you're looking for and I'll try to get you a good price shipped for a case/psu! :) I'll also have lots of ~2g drives if you are just building a cruncher... that's what's in all of my boxes and they are just perfect for cruching! :)

ssvegeta1010

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2004
Ill see about reserving something when you start selling cases/PSUs. But for now, I have no other parts to fill it with. I would be basically building it just for crunching, so a 2g-ish drive would be fine.

EDIT: You know, this could be a really good Linux or overclocking experiment for me. Ill definitely see about buying something. (Have to get it okayed by parents, although its my own money, there are some downsides to being 14, although I don't need a job :) )

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
heh... maybe I could interest you in a beginner's system.... a modest dual XP1900 with 1g ECC PC2100... RAID card and a bunch of 9g 10k SCSI drives? :p I think that will be one of two that I keep for myself... the other is the dual 1800+ that is the TeAm Stats Server... gonna need to find a place to run that... gotta figure out why Adelphia doesn't allow traffic on port 80 to my home...

ssvegeta1010

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2004
An SCSI (or whatevers out there when I finally have the money) system will be my next step, but first, and XP system would work very well. How would these overclock? I understand that those probably arent the best boards for overclocking, but even buying new ram would be cheap enough to stay on a budget. And the drive may actually be able to be salvaged from an old family P-III system that needed its Windows reinstalled, and got a new drive at the same time. Either that, or I have an old P-II with an 8 gig drive. Also, I have a 17" CRT from the same system. But first, I'll have to see how my budget is right now.....

ssvegeta1010

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2004
Parental Approval on buying some stuff, when it pops up! Paypal through my mother is an option, and I have a good amount of cash. So I guess Im ready to get a crunching system. :D Time to join all of the DC insanity!