Parnas Files Include ‘Sensitive’ Material: Impeachment Update - Updated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm still confused as to why the GOP is absolutely determined to ignore any possible sanctions against Russia in their attempts to fix our elections, let alone prevent them from doing it further.

It's shocking you know, how so many of them loudly argue that it is no big deal. Why is it, really?
Cause Mitch is dirty for a thousand Alec?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm still confused as to why the GOP is absolutely determined to ignore any possible sanctions against Russia in their attempts to fix our elections, let alone prevent them from doing it further.

It's shocking you know, how so many of them loudly argue that it is no big deal. Why is it, really?
I'm sure one of our water carriers here will come up with some excuse. There obviously is, isn't there?

Feb 4, 2009
I like the texts that talk about the possible kidnapping/disappearing/assassination of a US ambassador.
12920.gif

I can easily play a MAGA guy.
Happens all the time, look at what happened to Epstein. This is normal stuff.
She has a dangerous job.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i love how crimes! are being done by all these soft ass old crackers who turn on each other in 2 seconds.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
On the eve of a Senate trial to remove President Trump, House Democratic investigators have released a trove of documents obtained from the phone of Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani’s who was tasked with carrying out key parts of the plot to pressure the new president of Ukraine to do political favors for Trump.

The evidence released includes eye-popping new details about several parts of the story pieced together during the impeachment inquiry—particularly Giuliani’s campaign to remove Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who testified that she was ousted after being targeted in what she described as a smear campaign by Trump and his allies.
In one exchange from March 2019, Robert F. Hyde, a Trump donor and Republican Congressional candidate whose involvement in the Ukraine saga has not been previously detailed, sent a series of texts to Parnas that implied he had access to people tracking Yovanovitch's movements in Kyiv, according to the newly released documents.

“They know she’s a political puppet,” Hyde texted. “They will let me know when she’s on the move… They are willing to help if you/we would like a price.”

“Guess you can do anything in Ukraine with money… what I was told,” Hyde messaged. Parnas responded: “LOL.”

Shortly after the text exchanges were released Tuesday, a lawyer for Yovanovitch called for an investigation into the “disturbing” claim that she was being stalked while serving in Ukraine.

“Needless to say, the notion that American citizens and others were monitoring Ambassador Yovanovitch’s movements for unknown purposes is disturbing,” Lawrence Robbins said in a statement. “We trust that the appropriate authorities will conduct an investigation to determine what happened.”
A photo of Hyde on Parnas’ phone matches that of the Connecticut-based Republican running for U.S. House, and Parnas’ attorney, Joseph A. Bondy, confirmed to The Daily Beast that it is indeed the same Hyde. Up until this point, Hyde was best-known for an offensive tweet about Sen. Kamala Harris that drew widespread condemnation.

Reached for comment on the text messages by The Daily Beast on Tuesday night, Hyde texted, “Bull Schiff is a giant b*tch.”

The documents also include new information about the push for a Ukrainian-led investigation explicitly focused on the Biden family. Parnas turned over a photo of a note, written on stationary from the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Vienna, that includes an instruction to “get” Zelensky to announce that “the Biden case will be investigated.”

The note, whose authenticity was confirmed by Parnas’ counsel, also reads “start” communicating with Zelensky without Victor Pinchuk and Ihor Kolomoisky, two influential Ukrainian oligarchs.

Additionally, Parnas texted with Yuriy Lutsenko, the former Ukrainian prosecutor who pushed discredited theories about Yovanovich’s supposed hostility toward Trump. According to one March 2019 text message, Lutsenko appeared to link Yovanovitch’s removal to a probe into the Bidens.
"It's just that if you don't make a decision about madam, you are bringing into question all my announcements, including about B,” Lutsenko wrote to Parnas.

The exchange came around the time Lutsenko announced the reopening of an investigation into Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company linked to Hunter Biden that Trump and his allies like Rudy Giuliani have portrayed as the epicenter of supposed corruption by the Biden family. Lutsenko later reversed course and said there was no basis for a case against the Bidens.

Additionally, the messages between Parnas and Giuliani suggest that Giuliani believed he had Trump’s support in reversing a decision to deny a U.S. visa for Viktor Shokin, the former top Ukrainian prosecutor who then-vice president Biden and others had called to remove.

“I can revive it,” Giuliani purportedly said. “It’s going to work I have no 1 in it,” an apparent reference to Trump.

The materials also indicated that Parnas and his pals plotted to get indicted Ukrainian oligarch Dmytro Firtash to fire Lanny Davis–a longtime Democratic lawyer–from his legal team. A photo of a notepad from the Ritz Carlton in Vienna, where Firtash lives as he fights extradition to the U.S., showed a T-chart with “Joe/Victoria” on one side and “Lanny Davis” on the other. Under the Davis column, it read “get rid of Lanny Davis (nicely).” Davis told The Daily Beast that
his firing was, in fact, nice.

“The departure was done nicely, but I’ve never met Parnas in my life,” he said. “I do want to add that my role was limited to serving as a criminal defense lawyer correcting the public record, having nothing to do with politics. That was my red line, and I’m sad what’s happened to Mr. Firtash since.”

The “Joe/Victoria” column of the notepad said the husband-wife duo would “cut deal or get dismissed”–apparently referring to efforts to end the Justice Department’s long-running criminal prosecution of Firtash for charges related to bribery.

House Democrats’ document dump comes a day before Speaker Nancy Pelosi is set to formally send the two articles of impeachment against Trump, passed on Dec. 19, to the Senate so it can begin its trial.

In a statement accompanying the release of new information, the House Democratic committee chairs who led the impeachment inquiry said the evidence “confirms what we already know: the President and his associates pressured Ukrainian officials to announce investigations that would benefit the President politically.”
The chairs—some of whom, such as Reps. Adam Schiff and Jerry Nadler, are likely to prosecute the case against Trump in the Senate—wrote that the information on Parnas’ phone alone suggested the administration is hiding far more damning evidence. The administration has blocked subpoenas to hand over much of the documents subpoenaed by Congress for its inquiry.

“There cannot be a full and fair trial in the Senate without the documents that President Trump is refusing to provide to Congress,” they said.

In October, Parnas was arrested by federal authorities while attempting to leave the U.S.; a subpoena was issued shortly thereafter for records in his possession related to the Ukraine matter. Later that month, he told House investigators his desire to comply with their inquiry.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm having a Dan Rather moment here (the moment Dan Rather should have taken). I'm having trouble accepting that this is not a setup.
I don't think it's a set up, rather it looks to me to be insurance. as in if I'm go down your going down too.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Part two of his interview with Rachel
Maddow is tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Funny shit that cheeto and devin nunes both say they don't know Lev Parnas. Parnas says without any exclamation, "they know me".

Last edited:
Reactions: dawp

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I wonder if Parnas is in any danger....you know like falling out a window....or walking in front of a car.....or drowning in the bathtub...lol

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
the Epstein treatment?
Bingo!! After his interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN, He should be afraid IMO!!
In fact he said between him ans Bolton they can connect ALL the dots!!
One of the things that got me was when he said Giuliani always introduced hinseld as working for the president and NOT the governmemt!!

Here is part of the CMM interview --

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Bingo!! After his interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN, He should be afraid IMO!!
In fact he said between him ans Bolton they can connect ALL the dots!!
One of the things that got me was when he said Giuliani always introduced hinseld as working for the president and NOT the governmemt!!

Here is part of the CMM interview --

I doubt trumpers will care but that inherently means he is not working in the interests of the United States - his client is DJT, who just so happens to be POTUS

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
8lc24zqqj1b41.png

B-b-but Joe Biden's 1/2 cousin from his wife's side once ate a pampushky!!! Why aren't LIBTARDS looking into why Biden's friend from college once flew over the Ukraine on his way to Amsterdam from Romania?!?! TEH DEEP STATE IS OUT TO SMEAR THE TRUMPS, BUT TEHY ARE NOT LOOKING AT THEEE BBLLLLAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

I will give Trump this though; he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and nothing will happen to him... while he is President. But, let's be honest, someone as well connected and protected as Trump won't have anything happen to him - conservatives have defended him tooth and nail.

Nonetheless, we've got TONS of shit the next time one of our guys decides to commit the horrible, inexcusable and impeachable crimes of wearing a tan suit and trying to give us affordable healthcare.

Seriously, conservatives, WTF is up with Biden being public enemy #1 regarding the Ukraine... yet, your Dear Leader is knee deep in Parnas and you've said NOTHING?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
8lc24zqqj1b41.png

B-b-but Joe Biden's 1/2 cousin from his wife's side once ate a pampushky!!! Why aren't LIBTARDS looking into why Biden's friend from college once flew over the Ukraine on his way to Amsterdam from Romania?!?! TEH DEEP STATE IS OUT TO SMEAR THE TRUMPS, BUT TEHY ARE NOT LOOKING AT THEEE BBLLLLAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

I will give Trump this though; he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and nothing will happen to him... while he is President. But, let's be honest, someone as well connected and protected as Trump won't have anything happen to him - conservatives have defended him tooth and nail.

Nonetheless, we've got TONS of shit the next time one of our guys decides to commit the horrible, inexcusable and impeachable crimes of wearing a tan suit and trying to give us affordable healthcare.

Seriously, conservatives, WTF is up with Biden being public enemy #1 regarding the Ukraine... yet, your Dear Leader is knee deep in Parnas and you've said NOTHING?
It's really simple. They. Don't. Care. Logic is meaningless, they are entirely emotionally driven creatures.

Jan 25, 2011
Looks like a criminal investigation will happen over these texts. By Ukraine.

calling for US cooperation and participation. Any bets on if Barr or the state department agrees?

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

calling for US cooperation and participation. Any bets on if Barr or the state department agrees?
might have to wait until after jan 20 next year

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019

"I welcome him to say that even more. Every time he says that I’ll show him another picture," Parnas, an associate of Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said in the interview on CNN's "New Day." "He’s lying."

Spicy!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

As I see it Ukraine has one play. Go the rute of the truth aka oppose the Trump admin. They must know by now he is Putins bitch. Its a loosing play to try and get on Trumps good side.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The FBI has paid Mr. Hyde a visit it seems.

Which FBI, The "Deep State Division" or the "Good Guys"? Tune in to Fox for the answer...

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If Trump gets away with this, is handed a free pass by this McConnell senate, then nothing will ever be the same again.
First off, that great division between parties will only grow further if that is even possible.
Then, Donald Trump will begin a whole new set of lies claiming it is now proven that he did nothing wrong.
And as November 2020 draws near, Trump will begin new or continue already begun attacks directed at his opponents using foreign governments and blackmail tactics. Because obviously within Trump's mind, when it comes to crime and collusion simply call on a foreigner.

But the big fear... we will now have an entire republican administration proven so corrupt and proven so traitorous from top down, and.... they will still be in charge.
As I see it, this is not so much about what Donald Trump and his administration has done, this is about what they can and will do in the future.
Apparently, they want that second term so desperately and will do anything legal or illegal to achieve that second term, and this alone should scare every American shitless.
Including every single Trump supporter out there.
In the end, Trump will hurt those who admire him most.
At some point during the second term all their fun will come to an end, and their life under Trump will go from fun and games to fear and survival.
Trump will take away what remains of their healthcare, Trump will take away what remains of their freedoms, Trump will have them exactly where he wants them. And they will finally realize exactly who and what the real Donald Trump is.