Parnas Files Include ‘Sensitive’ Material: Impeachment Update - Updated

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It wouldn`t surprise me one bit if Parnas turned out to be Trumps or Giuliani`s kryptonite!
I bet parnas could tell some stories....

This article is so long and it is mostly about the Impeachment....so I posted the portions that pertain tpo Parnas...

Parnas Files Include ‘Sensitive’ Material (6:12 p.m.)
House impeachment investigators on Tuesday sent phone records and other new evidence obtained from a lawyer for Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas to the Judiciary Committee as potential additional material in the Senate impeachment trial against Trump.
The evidence, obtained by the House Intelligence Committee, includes notes, emails and text messages contained on two flash drives, one in a sealed envelope marked “sensitive,” and the other with information “pertinent” to the impeachment inquiry, the committee’s chairman, Adam Schiff, wrote in a letter to the House Judiciary Committee.
Schiff wrote that the flash drive marked sensitive should be protected from public disclosure.
“A preliminary review of Mr. Parnas’ production, a voluminous record of data extracted primarily from one of his personal cell phones, further corroborates the findings and evidence related to the president’s scheme, which was laid out in the Trump-Ukraine Impeachment Inquiry Report, released by the Committee on December 3,” a description of the material that was released with Schiff’s letter said.
The material includes a May 2019 letter from Giuliani in his “capacity as personal counsel to President Trump” to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy requesting a meeting.
Parnas had been working with Giuliani to dig up political dirt in Ukraine on Hunter Biden and his father, former Vice President Joe Biden, Trump’s top Democratic rival in next year’s presidential election.
Parnas and a business partner, Igor Fruman, were arrested in October as they prepared to board a plane with one-way tickets to Europe. They are charged with illegally funneling foreign money into U.S. elections by giving money to a pro-Trump Super PAC. Both have pleaded not guilty.
The House panels investigating Trump had subpoenaed and Parnas’ lawyer got permission from a judge to hand the material over to the House panels.
The documents are available here and here.

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
I like the texts that talk about the possible kidnapping/disappearing/assassination of a US ambassador.
12920.gif

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I like the texts that talk about the possible kidnapping/disappearing/assassination of a US ambassador.
12920.gif

Uh oh, this is a game changer right here. I’m told Republicans have a thing for digging up dirt on threatened/killed ambassadors and will not be stopped in their pursuit of the truth.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: feralkid and Zorba

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Will Trump conjure up another miracle like the Mother of All Con Jobs he pulled off in 2016?

Or will Trump finally have his just due catch up with him like a rubber strap that gets stretched and stretched and streeeeeettcchhhed until it snaps back in his face faster and harder than Superman bangs Lois Lane in his favorite phone booth?

Stay tuned.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Will Trump conjure up another miracle like the Mother of All Con Jobs he pulled off in 2016?

Or will Trump finally have his just due catch up with him like a rubber strap that gets stretched and stretched and streeeeeettcchhhed until it snaps back in his face faster and harder than Superman bangs Lois Lane in his favorite phone booth?

Stay tuned.
yeah, nuking Iran to distract.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
This stuff is nutz. Special Prosecutor worthy. If true, these guys seemed to be targeting a US Ambassador and seemed to be getting inside information on her security details. Mind blowing crazy.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Hey guys, remember when Republicans were screaming for Hillary’s head and accusing her of practically murdering the US ambassador in Benghazi???

Reactions: Zorba and JEDIYoda

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm still confused as to why the GOP is absolutely determined to ignore any possible sanctions against Russia in their attempts to fix our elections, let alone prevent them from doing it further.

It's shocking you know, how so many of them loudly argue that it is no big deal. Why is it, really?

Reactions: ShookKnight

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I'm still confused as to why the GOP is absolutely determined to ignore any possible sanctions against Russia in their attempts to fix our elections, let alone prevent them from doing it further.

It's shocking you know, how so many of them loudly argue that it is no big deal. Why is it, really?
Enough of the leadership is probably on the take in some form or fashion to keep anyone that would be vocal from speaking up.

Also they're already dug in pretty deep, to try and climb out now would make them look like absolute shit.

Reactions: ivwshane

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019

Bribes, blackmail, blackmail from accepting the bribes, threats, promises, etc.

Russia is not really a government per-say. It is a 'legitimized' mob organization and it operates in such a manner.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

They've probably taken many "donations" from questionable sources...they can't really bite the hand that feeds them.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001

Because, all the "fixing" is to their benefit for now. The current crop of so called "political leaders" (both sides) are the second most morally corrupt hypocrites (behind only the sanctimonious ultra-religious) on the face of the planet.

OTOH, if Russia was "fixing" for the Democrats, the R's would be jumping up and down screaming about "threats to democracy", wasting time holding inumerable hearings right and left, and passing all sorts of bills that the other house of Congress not controlled by them would just ignore.

Wait a minute there....

Jan 25, 2011
I would like someone on the right to explain to me why they same parties who dragged Benghazi out for years are not all over this. You have what appears to be very threatening texts about a U.S. Ambassador being surveilled and all levels of her security evaluated and Bill Barr is sitting on his ass doing nothing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would like someone on the right to explain to me why they same parties who dragged Benghazi out for years are not all over this. You have what appears to be very threatening texts about a U.S. Ambassador being surveilled and all levels of her security evaluated and Bill Barr is sitting on his ass doing nothing.

In Republicans' defense they were pretty transparent at the time that they didn't actually care about Benghazi and were just looking for ways to damage Hillary Clinton.

Reactions: sandorski

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
OTOH, if Russia was "fixing" for the Democrats, the R's would be jumping up and down screaming about "threats to democracy", wasting time holding inumerable hearings right and left, and passing all sorts of bills that the other house of Congress not controlled by them would just ignore.

Wait a minute there....
Except in the real world it's the Repubs that are up to their eyeballs in dealings with Russia.

So while your hypothetical MAY happen it has NOT happened. And your hypothetical assumes that the Dems are just as corrupt as Repubs. Evidence in the public sphere does not support that assumption.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Except in the real world it's the Repubs that are up to their eyeballs in dealings with Russia.

So while your hypothetical MAY happen it has NOT happened. And your hypothetical assumes that the Dems are just as corrupt as Repubs. Evidence in the public sphere does not support that assumption.

The most dangerous part about the endless #bothsides-ism is that it actively enables corruption because it ensures the corrupt pay no price for their actions.

If the public believes both sides are equally corrupt no matter what actually takes place why wouldn't ever political party just be as corrupt as possible?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The most dangerous part about the endless #bothsides-ism is that it actively enables corruption because it ensures the corrupt pay no price for their actions.

If the public believes both sides are equally corrupt no matter what actually takes place why wouldn't ever political party just be as corrupt as possible?
Never mind the fact it's an assertion with zero evidence, placed next to an assertion with actual, mountains of evidence.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It probably goes something like "suck it, libs"?