Parking Ticket Rant

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999
OK I don't know how it is in most states, but here in PA you have to pay the fines REGUARDLESS of weather you plead guilty or innocent, in fact you have to pay more if you plead innocent. Now consider the fact that you have NO way to prove your innocence (just try and think of a way), and it's your word against the cop's. IF you're found innocent they might return your money... eventually...
Is it me or does the state have a license to take your money at will? This is worse than when a cop pulls you over or arrests you, becuase then they have to get personally involved, and you have a chance to explain yourself or prove them wrong. Here, the cop writes you a ticket, leaves, and you're the one who has to take care of it. No responsibility on their part, but you're guilty until proven innocent.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
My suggestion is to pay your fine in pennies. Send it in a box certified return receipt. It will cause a major problem with them trying to deal with so many pennies.

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999
Except that it says in big bald letters "DO NOT SEND CASH" on the ticket

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
i find that it's always good stress relief to pay any bills which do not specify not to send cash in pennies... especailly school funds ;)

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
I know of someone that fought a parking ticket and won, it involved several trips to the capital to appear in court and extensive pictures and stuff. A real pain, but his was so unfair it was worth it to him.