Papers, Show Me Your Papers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Whether I have Rush dialed in or Rachel Maddow dialed in it is my choice. That is the only truth worth noting.

You haven't had choice since you were brainwashed as a kid, but what you do have is the illusion that you do. But you are shallow, so you don't know.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Good, we need a national ID. This can also be used when one goes to vote to verify the person's identity. Eventually, maybe we can link an electronic currency system to the national IDs to eliminate hard currency. Transaction logs could only be started / viewed by law enforcement once a search warrant has been obtained (protect privacy) to assist in criminal investigations.

I also would have no problem with a DNA sample taken at birth to be logged into CODIS. A copy of the profile could be stored in the national ID to better tie it to the person.

Is it sarcasm or is it fascism? You decide...

DNA ID? Why would we want the government to take away more of our Liberty and Freedom? National ID is just basically another form of social security card.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
DNA ID? Why would we want the government to take away more of our Liberty and Freedom? National ID is just basically another form of social security card.

I can never figure out why the privacy mongers go around announcing to the world they are idiots.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Good, we need a national ID. This can also be used when one goes to vote to verify the person's identity. Eventually, maybe we can link an electronic currency system to the national IDs to eliminate hard currency. Transaction logs could only be started / viewed by law enforcement once a search warrant has been obtained (protect privacy) to assist in criminal investigations.

I also would have no problem with a DNA sample taken at birth to be logged into CODIS. A copy of the profile could be stored in the national ID to better tie it to the person.

Is it sarcasm or is it fascism? You decide...

LOL. The sarcasm is way too obvious in this.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
They will copy these cards just like there are 20 million SS cards with Enrique Rodriquez on them. I've actually had two job applicants with same SS #!