Papa John's Large One Topping Pizza only $5.99! (carry out)

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I scanned and uploaded this coupon ~ $5.99 for a large one topping pizza at Papa John's. This is a perfect coupon for parties, as there is no quantity limit and can be used any day of the week! By the way, the terms don't forbid copying coupons, so you shouldn't have a problem redeeming it. Enjoy!

- Dan -
:cool:

Helenihi

Dec 25, 2001
I thought about making a new thread for this, but decided just to throw it in here.

Don't know whether this is just regional(SoCal) or nationwide, but if you buy a two liter bottle of pepsi and a Dreamworks DVD at Vons, you get a coupon for a free pizza hut medium pizza. The coupon prints out when you buy your stuff at the register.

Pizza Hut is sending out coupons with the info, and the list of qualifying DVDs, on the pizzas(maybe mail too, haven't seen it though), but you don't actually need to bring anything to Vons to get the deal.

Illusio

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
In my opinion, Participating locations is just a way for them to get out of it if they don't want to honor it. I bet that most pizza places don't even know what coupons they have out there. Just call up and say you have the coupon, and they will tell you if they accept it or not. 90% of the time i forget to give the delivery guy the coupons anyway. So just call up and say you have the coupon and you should be fine.

ajaju

Feb 4, 2001

Well, not the crap on your thread.... but here in GA (Atlanta-Athens), we enjoy a large Papa Johns w/one topping for $4.99 on Tuesdays ...its carryout only... its been my Tuesday dinner for 2 years now !

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
ajaju They used to have the same deal here in Schaumburg, IL a few months back. For some reason it was discontinued! :( $5.99 is still a good deal for those of us who don't have Tuesday specials. heh lucky you :) What "flavor" pizza do you normally get?!

glee

Aug 23, 2001

<< The always seem to get me on: "Offer valid at participating locations"...:( >>

There's actually an innocent explanation. You'll see this only in offers from franchise chains, like McDonalds and Papa John's. Franchises are owned individually, and the Franchisor can't force any particular store owner to take the coupon. Most stores will, though, because the joint advertising dollars are going to advertise it, and it's bad PR for them not to.

In most fast food and pizza places, btw, the profit on the main food item is minimal. It's the "coke and fries with that?" that really brings the cash in.

leonc

Jan 10, 2002
Hey Happy Face,

What city and state did you get the coupon in, so we know how
good our chances are?

Banned
Jul 10, 2000
Hey, my sister lives in Schaumburg Illinois. I like the place, I do and visit her every other month, because my wife likes to shop in Chicago..

ChurchOfSubgenius

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2001
What timing!, I have a Papa Johns delivery guy on the way to my house right now, didn't know about this coupon before I ordered. :(

syadnom

May 20, 2001
i am a marketting director for PJI, a franchisee of Papa John's Inc. their is no corporate desigated coupon for a $5.99 pizza. Their is a corporate enforced coupon for a 6.99 pickup one topping pizza though. so this must be a local or franchise special.

currently the only specials that are a requierment for franchisees are the 6.99 one topping.Their is a 6 cheese pizza(moz.asiago.romano.provalone.parm..etc..) and spinich alfraedo pizzas for 10.99 is some selected markets(test markets)

AbsolutZero

Oct 16, 2000
Thanks for the clarification. 6 cheese pizza.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wish I was in a selected market for that.

IshmaelLeaver

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2001
You know, the prices of pizza are flexible. Whenever I call Papa John's, they usually cut me a deal even if no promotions are going on for what I want.

syadnom

May 20, 2001
Papa john's has an anchient SCO Unix computer system(the software is written in Curses) that is maintained remotely from kentucky(corporate offices),
if they have a special, it is put into their "coupons" catalog for basically "eternity", most Stores will not remove a coupon for a very long time if ever and Corporate doesnt bother.
So. if you call them up and you dont like the special they have, just ask for one you gotten before. Most of the people will gladly give you a deal on the pizza.

also, most franchises get their product through a comessary, they have set prices that are similar accross the country, prices usualy are as follows.

Two cups of cheese $.60
One peice of 14" pizza dough $.40
enough sauce for a pizza $.07
28 peices of pepperoni $.25
time for a person to make it 2min@$5.50/h = $.19
utilities for the 5 minutes it cooks = $.25
paying the delivery driver %6 commision and $5.50/h for 15 minutes to deliver it $1.43+ (6% of $11.99)=$.72
for a grand total of $3.91 for a pepperoni pizza, also need to take into accound rent/taxes on building and advertising costs. but about $4.25

they CAN give you a deal, and if you tip the drivers they will WANT to give you a deal. %15 tip more than makes up for the deal they can give you.(they answer the phones too so they can make you a deal)

Keep you eye out for coupons, Papa John's FLOODs the market with Buy 1 Get 1 coupons, and stuff like that.

XFreebie

Banned
Dec 12, 2000
I gots an idea, upload that coupon to the msn poster deal so that u can have a giant coupon for $6 and then use that giant coupon for a pizza that's $6.

it might not be cost effective, but i'd like to see the face on papa john's employees!

InverseOfNeo

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2000

<< Just call up and say you have the coupon >>

OMG, that totally reminds me of my high school days (not too long ago heh). I would have my friends over to hang out and we would order like 2 or 3 large pizzas. Usually the pizzas would be like 8 bucks each but we would lie and say something like "oh i almost forgot, i got a coupon here it says two larges for 10.99". And they would accept it, and they delivery guy would rarely ask for the coupon. In the even he would, the guy who's ever house it was would like walk around everywhere to seem like he was looking for the coupon and the guy would finally get sick of waiting and say just forget about it.

xDrAGoNx

Feb 1, 2002

<< I gots an idea, upload that coupon to the msn poster deal so that u can have a giant coupon for $6 and then use that giant coupon for a pizza that's $6.

it might not be cost effective, but i'd like to see the face on papa john's employees!
>>

cost efficient? heck no its not, but OMG that would be absolutely hilarious!