Panduit

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
I drive by a HUGE panduit building each day on my way to the train station and never actually knew what they do. I was told they are on a government contract...the building looks like its under some TIGHT security. What kinda company are they? Good products?

njmodi

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2001
Panduit makes cable management racks, connectors (optical), etc. The have a big facility in Tinley Park, IL (or thereabouts).

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Um, a quick Google search returned this as the first result. Dunno though, never heard of it :confused:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh panduit or pantuid?

i know what panduit is since my wife works there.

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
Originally posted by: njmodi
Panduit makes cable management racks, connectors (optical), etc. The have a big facility in Tinley Park, IL (or thereabouts).

thats the one i pass everyday

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: njmodi

And has a facility in Dekalb, IL!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Juice Box
Originally posted by: waggy
heh panduit or pantuid?

what does she do for them?

my wife works at the Dekalb fecility. its just a warehouse. So she drives a forklift and others.

the good thing about her working there is we can get cat5e cable cheap! heh

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: MrsWaggy
Originally posted by: Mrvile
Um, a quick Google search returned this as the first result. Dunno though, never heard of it :confused:

You found the correct website.

yes since it is sooo hard to use google! :p

now go start lunch!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Jeez Waggy you got your wife into this?

heh she was in my office when i had the thread open. darn women looking over my shoulder.

good thing i was not writing a letter to the girl friend!

MrsWaggy

Jun 25, 2005

Jeez Waggy you got your wife into this?

He asked if there was a plant in Tinley Park. So I decieded to check out what he was talking about.

By the way Tinley Park is the corporate headquarters.

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
They are probably the largest manufacturer of cable ties. I've used many of their products. We call the Pandon'tduit.

MrsWaggy

Jun 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Rastus
They are probably the largest manufacturer of cable ties. I've used many of their products. We call the Pandon'tduit.

We are the largest for cable ties and anything for networking. How have you used them since Panduit refuses to sell to the general public?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

We are the largest for cable ties and anything for networking. How have you used them since Panduit refuses to sell to the general public?

Uhhhh, Graybar?

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003

yeah....that was my 2nd question...we use their stuff at my school but ive never seen it being sold in stores or anything. They are under a govt contract correct?

MrsWaggy

Jun 25, 2005

yeah....that was my 2nd question...we use their stuff at my school but ive never seen it being sold in stores or anything. They are under a govt contract correct?

Not really. We sell a lot to the gov , but most of stuff goes to graybar, anixter etc.

MrsWaggy

Jun 25, 2005
heh panduit or pantuid?

what does she do for them?

my wife works at the Dekalb fecility. its just a warehouse. So she drives a forklift and others.

The plant I work in is the central warehouse like waggy said. We take in product from the other nine divisions as well as our overseas manufactors and ship it out to customers and our overseas warehouses.