palm OS or Pocket PC

biffbacon

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2003
Im just about to go and buy a new PDA. The old Palm 3c isnt doing the job anymore. My question now is should i go with one that uses Palm OS, or Pocket PC? Any preferences or suggestions?

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
I personally like PocketPC a lot more. I currently own an iPAQ 5455, and love it. I have been through a handspring Visor Delux, Handspreing Visor Prism, Jornada 548, Jornada 568, Toshiba e740, and Toshiba-Genio e550g. I just think PocketPC is a lot more expandable, and gives you more options. I would buy a PocketPC.

anno

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: biffbacon
Im just about to go and buy a new PDA. The old Palm 3c isnt doing the job anymore. My question now is should i go with one that uses Palm OS, or Pocket PC? Any preferences or suggestions?

how much trouble is it going to be to switch your stuff over? if it'll be a huge pain, stick with palm os. if it won't be, get pocket pc.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Joony
Yes, Pocket PC, go for the new Ipaq 2210!

I agree. That is one nice unit. I would get it if it had a 3.8" screen and built in WiFi. But it doesn't. I am keeping my 5455 right now because it has built in WiFi, 3.8" screen, and biometrics. I do like the dual slot on the 2210 though.