Palin: "Waterboarding is how we baptise terrorists"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Caribou Barbie strikes again! Ol' Walnuts McCain should be embarrassed for unleashing the Tundra Twit on this nation.

He deserved to lose the election for that reason alone.

It did IMPO cost him the election, his platform was that he'd experienced a lot in life and had the knowledge and wisdom to lead the nation that someone like Obama lacked, then he picks her as a his running mate and in just a few days most people realize she's dumb as a rock and close to bat-shit crazy. That started the demise, how could someone who claimed to be old and wise make that bad of a decision for a running mate??.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It did IMPO cost him the election, his platform was that he'd experienced a lot in life and had the knowledge and wisdom to lead the nation that someone like Obama lacked, then he picks her as a his running mate and in just a few days most people realize she's dumb as a rock and close to bat-shit crazy. That started the demise, how could someone who claimed to be old and wise make that bad of a decision for a running mate??.

I think most of the decision was "how do we counter a young, black man running against us? Oh! With a younger women!" It just happened that they picked the absolute worst possible person in history.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
come on out libs, let that hate float.

If anyone on the right attacked a woman on the left like this, it would be the war on women WWII edition.

But if a woman happens to be republican. Its fair game to go after her.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
A-fucking-MEN to that quote.

'Merka! We don't lose to terrorists, we win! A county of winners.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012

If anyone on the right attacked a woman on the left like this, it would be the war on women WWII edition.

Poor, oppressed conservatives! You're truly the greatest victims anywhere.

The Democrats are just as guilty of slut shaming as the Republicans.
If you say so, Internet user smackababy!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

lol....Republicans should discard her immediately.

Nov 25, 2013

Good grief. In the 90's various Republicans were claiming that Hillary Clinton had Vince Foster murdered.

Google the words Rush Limbaugh, Chelsea Clinton and dog.

Comparing crap like that to what folks have to say about Palin is pants on head crazy.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
go ask Khalid Sheikh Mohammed or Abu Faraj al-Libi they'll let you know how it worked out.

They said they were tortured. In KSM's case, he was waterboarded 183 times. Doesn't sound really effective to me. But hey, if you want to go around torturing people, feel free to move to North Korea. I am sure they could use someone like you.

But the FBI would seem to disagree with you. Most reports show that waterboarding didn't produce much of anything. They also showed that many provided information before waterboarding, so it wasn't necessary (so why did they still do it I wonder? payback? fun?)

James Comey said it was torture. Other FBI agents also said it didn't work.

I think I will go with what the FBI says, versus the anonymous "unnamed government official" talking "off the record" about how great waterboarding is, all the while not mentioning any details.

The recent senate report about the CIA stated basically the same thing.

The report, built around detailed chronologies of dozens of CIA detainees, documents a long-standing pattern of unsubstantiated claims as agency officials sought permission to use — and later tried to defend — excruciating interrogation methods that yielded little, if any, significant intelligence, according to U.S. officials who have reviewed the document.

So they disagree with you too...go figure, huh?

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
She's like our version of french Jean Le Pen, except younger and going to last much longer.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
She's a bimbo who never should have made it as far as she did in politics.

Of course I'd still snog her...