Palin doesn't believe & mocks genetics? CNN Reports.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This

link has it. I don't see anything here beyond her not understanding what that study was for. It appears a stretch to say she's mocking the idea of genetics. Maybe she didn't know, kind of like how McCain didn't know what the $3M "Projector" earmark was for (not that I necessarily agree with that one, though).

Every time I hear that stupid wise and beautiful woman speak I want to deep fry her face. Idiot.

Quoted just in case you a girl ever researches you online.

LOL JD50 goes for the virtual cock block:laugh:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
You won't find a bigger Palin mocker than me, but you guys are still, I think, making far too much of this. If a person came across "fruit fly research" they may think it's a joke and glibly use it as an example of poor spending. One might assume that before cutting it off she would have looked at its uses and since we have no idea whether she would have deemed it good or not, we cannot assume that she has no trust whatsoever in genetics research.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Skoorb

I disagree.

She obviously has no understanding of the subject, yet feels totally comfortable ridiculing it. Once that is clear, I need assume nothing more. If what she feels has no value to her, it must have no value to anyone. I really don't think she would surround herself with people who would have the balls to correct her, given what we have seen of her personality so far.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I really don't think she would surround herself with people who would have the balls to correct her, given what we have seen of her personality so far.
No disagreement on that, I think she would be potentially worse than Bush as a president.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
So not only does her type set us back 300 years but they hold us at that level too.

If there were no science scared republicans would we have cures for cancer already? Maybe we could have helped Superman to live too?

owensdj

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2000
What's even more embarrassing for her is that her father was a biology teacher. ouch.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Sadly, due to the miracle of genetics, idiots reproduce faster. Humans have transcended Darwinian survival of the fittest, and substituted survival of the twitest.

See the movie Idiocracy which explains how that type of dysgenics works by contrasting "Clevon" who has loads of illegitimate kids with an educated couple who, for financial reasons, end up having no kids, resulting in a degradation of the American IQ over time (which may have been the most profound idiot movie of 2007, not Borat). (See also the short story The Marching Morons.)

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: Corn
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This

link has it. I don't see anything here beyond her not understanding what that study was for. It appears a stretch to say she's mocking the idea of genetics. Maybe she didn't know, kind of like how McCain didn't know what the $3M "Projector" earmark was for (not that I necessarily agree with that one, though).

Every time I hear that stupid wise and beautiful woman speak I want to deep fry her face. Idiot.

Is this the face of the typical tolerant liberal?

Lefties, I pose to you a question. As is common here lately, I've seen several links to videos of alleged rednecks calling Obama the N word and other such nastiness. I assume those supposed racist rednecks would not be calling Obama the N word were he not black. It is also safe to assume that GodlessAstronomer would not be calling Palin a "wise and beautiful woman" had she not been a woman. Justify to me any opinions of differientation regarding the bigotry and behavior between GodlessAstronomer and the rednecks in the youtube vids that seem to be popping up lately.

I'm not a liberal. Try again.