Palestinian Website Wages "War" Against MPAA *HOLY CRAP this works*

Mar 15, 2003
A file-sharing website "located in Gaza and in the Jenin Refugee Camp of Palestine" has declared a kind of intifada against the Motion Picture Association of America and the Recording Industry Association of America. In a news release responding to a cease-and-desist notice sent to it by email from the two organizations, the website Earthstation 5 , declared today that it is "at war" with the two organizations "and to make our point very clear that their governing laws and policies have absolutely no meaning to us here in Palestine, we will continue to add even more movies for FREE." Ras Kabir, president of the website, also observed that software provided to users of Earthstation 5 allows them to hide their identities and IP addresses. Thumbing its nose at U.S.-based file-sharing services, the Palestinian website, which boasts of 3 million users daily, said that it does not deny building its program for illegal filesharing.

Hahaha.. Groovy

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
A file-sharing website "located in Gaza and in the Jenin Refugee Camp of Palestine" has declared a kind of intifada against the Motion Picture Association of America and the Recording Industry Association of America. In a news release responding to a cease-and-desist notice sent to it by email from the two organizations, the website Earthstation 5 , declared today that it is "at war" with the two organizations "and to make our point very clear that their governing laws and policies have absolutely no meaning to us here in Palestine, we will continue to add even more movies for FREE." Ras Kabir, president of the website, also observed that software provided to users of Earthstation 5 allows them to hide their identities and IP addresses. Thumbing its nose at U.S.-based file-sharing services, the Palestinian website, which boasts of 3 million users daily, said that it does not deny building its program for illegal filesharing.

Hahaha.. Groovy

*runs home to download the proggy* ;)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
thats a pretty good method of thumbing your nose at the US

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Boy, if this is the only thing the Palestinians are doing wrong, why in the heck are we supporting Israel so much? We need to switch sides! :)

Mar 15, 2003
Holy crap! It has a huge collection of streaming movies.. Streaming REQUIEM FOR A DREAM right now! I own the dvd ( one my fav movies) but I'm shocked that they STREAM movies in addition to their P2P stuff!

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
i guess this is better then strapping C4 to their babies and throwing them inside crowded cafes and discos.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Holy crap! It has a huge collection of streaming movies.. Streaming REQUIEM FOR A DREAM right now! I own the dvd ( one my fav movies) but I'm shocked that they STREAM movies in addition to their P2P stuff!

Ooo, ooo, tell me they already have Pirates of the Carribean! I f%$#ing love that movie.

Sachmho

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2001
so does this mean that using this will prevent the mpaa and riaa from going after us? (granted if we're not using kazaa either)

SilverTorch

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2000
I don't know about this.

Sounds too good to be true.

Maybe its just me but to me it sounds kinda ... sinister if anything.
Their main audience are the people of America, thats not to say that other people around the world don't use P2P programs, its just that America would probably end up with the biggest amount of users. From there they can do alot of nasty things.

Maybe I should stop being cynical ...

Also why use UDP instead of TCP/IP?

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Sachmho
so does this mean that using this will prevent the mpaa and riaa from going after us? (granted if we're not using kazaa either)

The IPs are encrypted and the RIAA and MPAA can't really subpoena the service to reveal the IPs since they're in another country, so it will at the very least make it a pain in the ass to track you.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: SilverTorch
Also why use UDP instead of TCP/IP?

UDP is a one-way protocol, whereas TCP/IP is two-way. I imagine this makes IP encryption that much easier.