Palestinian Authority funds go to militants

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3243071.stm

The Palestinian Authority, headed by Yasser Arafat, is paying members of a Palestinian militant organisation which has been responsible for carrying out suicide attacks against Israeli soldiers and civilians, a BBC investigation has found.

A total of up to $50,000 a month is being sent to members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, an armed group that emerged shortly after the outbreak of the current Palestinian intifada, a BBC Correspondent programme reveals.

A former minister in the government led by ex-Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) says that the money is an attempt to wean the gunmen away from suicide bombings. He says the policy of paying the money was not instigated by Mr Arafat but has been carried out with his knowledge and agreement.

Despite the payments, the al-Aqsa group has not declared a formal ceasefire and Mr Arafat has not asked the group to stop the suicide bombings, according to an al-Aqsa leader interviewed by the programme. The Palestinian leader has publicly condemned recent Palestinian suicide bombings.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
what a mess

Arafat is guilty of war crimes just like Sharon.

I hope that one day the US and the EU get their act together and give both parties a swift kick in the nuts to stop this mindless conflict

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
The conflict is mindless and endless or seemingly so. Weren't the saudi's also subsidizing the suicide bombers and Hamas? And then there's those ships carrying all sorts of bad stuff to the Palenstinians. Yes, I know, the Israeli's get their stuff from us but at least we know about that. I wonder who else underwrites the terror that we see on the news?

Gravity

bambam

Oct 28, 1999
I wonder how many of the Palestinian people aware of the approximately $ 1 Billion Arafat has taken to Europe for himself .

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
The US provides money and weapons to the IDF, which is used to supress the Palestinian population, how is that different from what Arafat alledgedly did?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: VioletAura
The US provides money and weapons to the IDF, which is used to supress the Palestinian population, how is that different from what Arafat alledgedly did?

Who said it was? Both sides are fscking dumb.