Painting PVC

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm going to need to paint some PVC pipe. What do you guys recommend as a good paint? I know Krylon and Rustoleum (I think) have plastic spray paints and I'll use them if I must, but I was wondering about other choices. I was thinking about perhaps looking for a plastic primer so I could then use my normal exterior paint on top of it. Recommendations? Should I just use the Krylon Fusion All-in-One as the primer and paint over it with my regular exterior Sherwin Williams Duration?

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
What are you painting? My neighbors painted their high efficiency furnace exhaust/intake years ago to match their house. Same paint they used on the house, and no primer. Seems to be holding up well.

I used regular spay paint to paint the plumbing vents to match my roof. Also holding up fine, with no primer.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
What are you painting? My neighbors painted their high efficiency furnace exhaust/intake years ago to match their house. Same paint they used on the house, and no primer. Seems to be holding up well.

I used regular spay paint to paint the plumbing vents to match my roof. Also holding up fine, with no primer.

PVC pipes which are attached to my downspouts and go into the ground.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've always just painted it with whatever house paint I was using. No special primer needed. Works on PVC pipes, cable tv/Dish network co-ax, etc.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
I just use Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X 12 oz. Hunter Green (or whatever color you like) spray paint on PVC pipe.

Paint and primer in 1. Fast & easy.