Painting my PC

Wall7486

Sep 29, 2004
I know is not the best question to ask in AT, but do any of you know what kind of paint I should use and where I can get ahold of the supplies? I'm actually more interested in painting the internal part of my PC. But, either way I'd like to find out more about painting a PC. Any response will be appreciated.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
To do a good job of it your looking at the price of a new case.

You could just get Krylon in the color of choice and have at it but the result will be less than pleasing. When doing interior spray painting you are going to have over spray and runs.
To do it right,the case would have to be taken compleatly apart,preped,primered,sprayed,then reassembled without damaging your hard work.
The best arisol primer and finish paint will be bought at an automotive refinishing supplier at about $6-$8 a can. Now if you have an air compressor/spray gun it can be done cheaper.

Google DIY automotive refinishing and you'll see what i mean.

Galvanized

LED

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
GalvanizedYankee
Pretty much stated it all and when I was Primo Painting Cases I use PPG Paint... the linked article is a good general spray can overview...

SketchMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2005
What ever you do, DON'T use cheap paint. Trust me, the buck or two you saved isn't worth the crappy paint job that you will get.

If you are trying to go for a really nice gloss, I would recommend you get automotive paint. and get ready for LOTS of sanding. :)

I also try to not mix brands but thats just me.

kwarkers

Banned
Nov 2, 2005
You could use UV reactive paint, im not sure of any that is available in the US. Most PC mod shops in Australia sell a generic brand of it...