Painting entire basement - Paint roller or Paint sprayer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
I think this is the first post that i started that got necroed haha. I ended up rolling and it wasnt that bad.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Necro thread, but I'll contribute. A few years back, I bought a sprayer on clearance. I used this in new construction and ultimately had to backroll everything.

Save money....buy an 18" roller and pan. Skip the sprayer and send me the Money you save.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I always prefer rolling myself, way less messy and if you are careful you don't need to do much prepping. I don't even bother with tape when I'm painting so I can minimize waste, except for really tricky spots maybe. I'll have paintbrush and roller and cut corners with paintbrush then roll the rest.

I've actually toyed with the idea of doing painting on the side. I'm not exactly an expert at it though, but I think it's one of few trades that does not really require any kind of license or certification so it's easier to get into. At least I don't think it does, never looked into it too deeply.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I always prefer rolling myself, way less messy and if you are careful you don't need to do much prepping. I don't even bother with tape when I'm painting so I can minimize waste, except for really tricky spots maybe. I'll have paintbrush and roller and cut corners with paintbrush then roll the rest.

I've actually toyed with the idea of doing painting on the side. I'm not exactly an expert at it though, but I think it's one of few trades that does not really require any kind of license or certification so it's easier to get into. At least I don't think it does, never looked into it too deeply.
ask Michelangelo.......