Painters: Do I need to buy them lunch?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
If you hired them and are paying them they buy their own lunch. If they're friends helping you paint you owe them pizza and beer.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Usually you have one on the back, on underneath, and one on the front, and the others in a holding pattern. Its sort of unpractical to have all 5 going at once.

Oct 20, 2005
You don't need to, but it's always a nice gesture to ask/offer them lunch.

If it's some of your personal friends helping you paint, then definitely buy lunch for them. If it's just contract workers, then see first statement.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Usually you have one on the back, on underneath, and one on the front, and the others in a holding pattern. Its sort of unpractical to have all 5 going at once.

You haven't seen good enough bukkake vids, I guess...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
A guy I'm doing work for makes me lunch every day. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he treats it like an obligation. Use your own judgment. If nothing else, feeding them will foster good will, and it might help you out down the road.

swerus

Sep 30, 2010
No you don't have to buy them lunch. Offing cold drinks (non alcohol) would be nice and is always appreciated.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
If you hired them and are paying them they buy their own lunch. If they're friends helping you paint you owe them pizza and beer.

This, except the answer is so obvious, I'm getting a "I want to sex them" vibe from the OP. Ladder sex using the wrong end of a roller? Go for it, we won't judge . . . just make sure to provide pics.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
I have a team of 5 guys here. Not sure what to do in this situation.

If they are there more than 4 hours, ask them if they would like a pizza.. more than likely, they will stop for lunch anyway at some point. Keep in mind if you need there services in the future, a good deed will be remembered.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
This, except the answer is so obvious, I'm getting a "I want to sex them" vibe from the OP. Ladder sex using the wrong end of a roller? Go for it, we won't judge . . . .

Speak for yourself. Everyone else will judge.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I bought lunch when I picked up some day workers.

But if this was someone I hired outright and its a skilled type thing then no. I did not buy lunch for the guy that moved my gas meter/line. He got as much, money, as the 4 guys I had for the whole day.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Yep. Not only that but if you are considerate they will do a better job. Its human nature.

Oh, yeah, absolutely. Embarrassed I missed this, but offering them cold drinks is totally the way to go.