Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: GundamSonicZeroX
Cool, I liked the original. Haven't played Battle Out of Hell yet, but I have it.
Yay! More Painkiller.

Well, BoOH is more PK with more exotic weapons combos and it looks like OD is much more of the same. i really got into unlocking levels and finding all the jumps and secret spots in PK/BoOH ... Graphics are updated but nothing like the makeover Hl2's EP2 got.
--Graphics barely matters when you can't take a breath. And i could max absolutely every in-game setting at 10x16 with excellent FPS ... i didn't finish it ... but i want the game
:Q

And OD is the same frantic PK game in hell i remember - mass enemy NPCs ... the demo dumps you in the middle of it all and you barely have time to switch from one weapon to the other. i like the new weapons so far. Unless it has poor reviews it's on my list.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I gave it a try (Overdose Demo) and I thought it was poor compared to either the original or Battle out of Hell. I don't like the whole demonic theme (character himself and the weapons models), and I tried the weapons with pkweapons and pkammo, and I just don't like most of them. And, well, quite frankly, the graphics are lacking. It feels like I am playing some UT2004 modification.

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
It's the same PK engine as the original, so don't be waiting for UT3 level graphics. However, just like Q3, what makes PK awesome is gameplay.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I was also referring to the game-play. I still own and occasionally play the original without any boredom. I liked BooH too (less than the original but still liked it).

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
I just got the demo and mindless shooting with no objectives. I just can't bare myself with these type of games.

Don66

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Azn
I just got the demo and mindless shooting with no objectives. I just can't bare myself with these type of games.

Agreed