Paging Dr. ATOT

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Imagine, if you will, what it would be like if your entire body was set on fire (with Robin Williams status body hair) then a semi came and rolled right through you but behind you was a brick wall.

Edit: Ugh, I accidentally somehow clicked on the title. Anywho, is it okay to mix guaifensin with dextromethorphan?

I've already taken the latter as well as Advil but I'm curious as to whether or not I can add this chemical to the mix.

Second edit: We're talking Robitussin mixed with Mucinex (I think, it doesn't say "Compare to Mucinex" on the bottle and it's a generic).

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT
there is a health forum

:eek:

Didn't know this. Mods move this if you feel it fit. Just let me know via PM otherwise I'll go crazy all night looking for it.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally posted by: aplefka
Edit: Ugh, I accidentally somehow clicked on the title. Anywho, is it okay to mix guaifensin with dextromethorphan?

Uhhh... what? Guaifensin and dextromethorphan are the ingredients in Robitussin.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: KillerCharlie

Uhhh... what? Guaifensin and dextromethorphan are the ingredients in Robitussin.

It looks as if you're correct. I swear when I checked the active ingredients before all I saw was dextromethorphan and phenylephrine.

So probably not a good idea then since I've heard vomiting can occur from overdosing on guaifensin. Thanks KillerCharlie!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: KillerCharlie

Uhhh... what? Guaifensin and dextromethorphan are the ingredients in SOME Robitussin products.

I fixed that for ya...Not ALL Robo has both ingredients, some have only one of them, others have both of them, some with even more ingredients...

Up till the 60's, Robitussin AC was the stuff to get...codeine worked MUCH better for cough than dextromethorphan...and had a MUCH better buzz...except for people like me who are allergic to codeine...