Pages slow to load, locking up, pausing etc.

Perryg114

Jan 22, 2001
I was wondering if I am crazy or if surfing the net has gotten slower and more cumbersome. It seems that just about all pages have some sort of video crap that is trying to load and it loads in the foreground making the rest of the page stop. There is other crap trying to load as well. You can't scroll to read text or anything till it finishes loading a video you are not going to watch in the first place. Also many times you can't even close the frigging page. It seems it has been this way for around a year or multiple computers and operating systems Win XP and Win 7. Is there a way to speed things up? I use mainly IE8 but have used Firefox with similar results. It also seems that pages that are in the background put out hooks and they take forever to get out of memory, Facebook being the worst for taking over your computer and not giving it back. I even go to task manager and try to kill things and it still take 5 or 10 mins to clean everything out. Sometimes I just hit the reset button because things get so hosed up. I know not a good thing to do.

Perry

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
Have you tried using Ghostery (Browser Plugin) to block ads?
also ABP ( AdBlockPlus)
and Flashblock or No-Script to block the flash videos

Last edited: