P5Q for OC?

ZenOne

Sep 6, 2008
Firstly, is this a good board to OC with? Secondly, is the guide that is "stick-ied" at the top of this board applicable to said board (I would assume so but you never know)?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Yes, yes.

For Asus BIOS, make sure that you disable "Transaction Booster". That thing is the devil.

QuadDamage2k

Dec 23, 2007
I had a hard time getting my board stable, it takes some time. Took me about 3 days and different bios's to mess with. Asus boards are strange, but they are great board. I have a P5Q-E and I'm very happy with it so far

Phew

May 19, 2004
I have the vanilla P5Q with the oldest BIOS, and never ran into any issues. I've run up to 490 MHz FSB, and the only overclocking limitations seemed to stem from my CPU and its cooling.

I'm no expert, but any time a stability issue is solved by increasing CPU voltage, I think you can safely safe it has nothing to do with motherboard limitations.

GundamF91

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
I have the P5Q Deluxe, and that board is great. Make sure you turn on Load line caliberation, even though AT says it's no good, as long as you don't push your vCore to over limit, it'll be just fine, and it does wonders for stablizing vCore for CPU when it needs the most, i.e. 100% load. It's a great board.