P2P software?

FrugalGuy

Jan 3, 2002
Ok, now that kazaa lite is down, what do you guys recommend for P2P software? I'm not a techie so I need something simple. Bit torrent looks too complicated for me. Any help would be appreciated

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Yeah, Bit Torrent is complicated. You have to install the software and then click on a link.

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
Direct Connect or BitTorrent. Be sure to install Peer Guardian before using them (blocks P2P connections from seeing your IP).

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: murphy55d
im using kazaa lite K++ right now. what do you mean, down?

He must be reffering to the offical kazaa lite site being taken down.

ThaPerculator

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
For some reason BitTorrent always locks my system, or slows it down to a standstill. Sucks. What's the best BT client to get that wont freeze my damn comp. (Athlon XP 2000+ / WinXP / Ti4200 / Gig-o-RAM / RAID-0 setup).

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
Emule or Edonkey/Overnet hybrid - slow, more users, more content. Overnet is free, you will only see some banners in the menu.
Bittorrent, DC - fast, content varies quickly. DC is a lot more personal.

stuman19

Jul 13, 2002
Once again, not seeing overnet for free...they must have recently made it $20.00. Provide a link?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: stuman19
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: stuman19
Originally posted by: josphII
Overnet

Is it worth the $20.00?

It's free

Not according to Here

Did you skip the reading part of school?

"The free version of Overnet is still available. However, purchasing Overnet will not only get you exceptional downloading at a small price, but you will also be contributing to the future development and improvement of the software."

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Piolet. I think Piolet will be kazaa's replacement if you will. It's very similar in the sense that it lets you download from multiple sources. It's strictly for music though, and it's barely in it's infant stages with only one version release. You have to configure the ports if you have a router, so if you find yourself having problems, it's probably the ports. I think the program will evolve and the next release will be better.