P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1546 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
uwX2z1U.jpg
I've often compared Democratic legislators (at any level) as comparable to herding cats. The GOP, OTOH operates like an outlaw motorcycle gang-supposedly anti-authoritarian, freedom loving but in fact slavishly bound to their leaders. Over the years the GOP has gotten markedly worse, the Dems slightly better.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is all very much over my head. To me the bottom line question would be: if we never harvested a single embryonic stem cell ever in human history (just threw every aborted/miscarried embryo/fetus into the trash/ground/fire like God intended), would it be possible to have made this drug? I think the answer is no, in which case every pro-life/anti-stem cell jackass touting this drug can go fuck themselves.

You're right. But I was only commenting on your specific question--do those two statements from that article contradict each other? They don't. It's just clarification of what was used in the experiment. It also didn't dismiss the notion that, in the end, yes: the same embryo was involved.

Scientifically (so, outside the scope of that particular topic), there is an important distinction between embryonic kidney tissue and an embryonic stem cell, which is all that person was saying. A lot of people read that and probably think "embryonic x tissue or embryonic stem cell are all the same thing." They aren't.

Reactions: dank69
Mar 11, 2004
I think ijr has been around for awhile? I seem to recall it being trashed so bad that even right wingers wouldn't link it years back. But I think some driveby nutters tried linking it and got so embarrassed they left quickly. Unless its a different IJR.

Since I can't be bothered (nor do I want to) look up anything more in regards to that far right clown, what's the deal with Ben "I'm a master debater", is this just going back to him bitching about WAP like...2 (?) years ago? (How long has that song been out?) Or was there some new development?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
You do know that the majority of those planes are Boeing 707s designed for comercial airlines. The Air Force loves to use the engines from 707's to replace engines of the C-135 Stratolifter, rather than repair an aged no longer produced engine.
Everything you just said is wrong. That is AMARG, 100% military. The majority of the aircraft in the foreground are B-52s. Also KC-135s have been using CFM-56s engines for 3 decades that weren't on commercial 707s. You also can't pull an engine that's been sitting in the bone yard for 40 years and start using it without overhaul.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I went to an Obama rally in 2008. It made me uncomfortable with the ~100 people upfront who were really into it. I wanted to hear what he had to say, but don't think we be their fanboys. Of course, Obama in 2008 had nothing of the cult following Trump in 2020 had.