P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1458 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Well it does suck when we lefties have to talk to righties and have to fucking explain everything because they are so fucking dense they can't understand when we tried using only small words...

...or the righties are so simple minded, they can only think in bumper sticker length slogans...

...or even when we use the smallest of words, the dumbasses still don't fucking understand what we are talking about...

Good try from a simpleton trying to explain why they are so simple.

At least sometimes the dumb ones are actually funny.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
This needs some investigation. I know that as a rightie, the simple message seems like a straight up "gotcha" and you don't like to read into things but I am guessing there is something in there that doesn't pass the smell test. This is an amendment from Cruz to a bill that passed 94 to 1. So I don't think this is quite the "gotcha" you think it is. I will read up on the amendment and maybe start a new thread.

EDIT - Cruz's poorly thought out amendment:
"To prohibit Federal funding for any institution of higher education that discriminates against Asian Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions."

I can not for the life of me find what the actual proposal is because I lack the investigative prowess required to navigate the amendments pages. I am guessing some senators didn't like the lack of details in his amendment. The original bill was like 500x more descriptive and this is literally one sentence?

EDIT 2:
We see the evidence of the simpletons that conservatives and their elected leaders really are stored in the national archives for all to see.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
This needs some investigation. I know that as a rightie, the simple message seems like a straight up "gotcha" and you don;t like to read into things but I am guessing there is something in there that doesn't pass the smell test. This is an amendment from Cruz to a bill that passed 97 to 1. So I don't think this is quite the "gotcha" you think it is. I will read up on the amendment and maybe start a new thread.

"To prohibit Federal funding for any institution of higher education that discriminates against Asian Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions."

I can not for the life of me find what the actual proposal is because I lack the investigative prowess required to navigate the amendments pages. I am guessing some senators didn't like the lack of details in his amendment. The original bill was like 500x more descriptive and this is literally one sentence?

You simply can't assume a consertive is engaging honestly. Even if you think they are, most of the time their sources are just garbage.

Ironically, this poster posted a picture about how liberals have to use big words to explain things. Too bad we can't just chant everything and then celebrate.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
WZ4OANc.png

It's what happens when you build big sand castles near the the edge of the ocean's low tide line thinking it will last forever and there's millions of people warning you, screaming at you, shaking their heads, tsk tsk'ing you and snickering at you for doing that.

Reactions: hal2kilo and KMFJD

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
This needs some investigation. I know that as a rightie, the simple message seems like a straight up "gotcha" and you don't like to read into things but I am guessing there is something in there that doesn't pass the smell test. This is an amendment from Cruz to a bill that passed 94 to 1. So I don't think this is quite the "gotcha" you think it is. I will read up on the amendment and maybe start a new thread.

EDIT 2:
We see the evidence of the simpletons that conservatives and their elected leaders really are stored in the national archives for all to see.
The full text of the proposed amendment was:
SEC. 6. PROHIBITION OF FEDERAL FUNDS FOR INSTITUTIONS OF
HIGHER EDUCATION THAT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST
ASIAN AMERICANS.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no institution
of higher education (as defined in section 102 of the Higher
Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1002)) may receive any
Federal funding if the institution has a policy in place or
engages in a practice that discriminates against Asian
Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions.

As for the issues with it, I'll simply quote Senator Hirono:
Mr. President, I rise in strong opposition to this amendment. Discrimination against Asian-American students or any students on the basis of race is already prohibited by Federal law. This amendment is a transparent and cynical attack on longstanding admission policies that serve to increase diversity and provide opportunity to students of color in our institutions of higher learning. This amendment also threatens colleges and universities with the loss of all Federal funding for pursuing or using policies that our courts have upheld repeatedly. I urge everyone to reject this amendment.
It was a bad-faith amendment. Which I know, is shocking to see coming from Senator Cruz!

Congressional Record Senate Articles | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You simply can't assume a consertive is engaging honestly. Even if you think they are, most of the time their sources are just garbage.

Ironically, this poster posted a picture about how liberals have to use big words to explain things. Too bad we can't just chant everything and then celebrate.
The full text of the proposed amendment was:

As for the issues with it, I'll simply quote Senator Hirono:

It was a bad-faith amendment. Which I know, is shocking to see coming from Senator Cruz!

Congressional Record Senate Articles | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Shrug

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Interesting that you seem to feel this is some sort of segregation policy. 15 seconds of googling yields that they were focused listening groups based on demographics of race.

WOMP WOMP WOMP
But but the left can't meme!!!!!!

Reactions: jman19