P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1456 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The guy attempted to evade...and resisted being cuffed. Good thing he was white, otherwise he might not have survived.
I didn't see attempt to evade. I saw a guy going into a parking lot and moving his ass out of the parking lot when cops showed up, probably because he didn't want to be in the way of cops. I mean seriously, who the fuck runs from cops towards more cops?

As for resistance, I feel it's natural to resist if you didn't do anything. I probably would too.

Reactions: hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I didn't see attempt to evade. I saw a guy going into a parking lot and moving his ass out of the parking lot when cops showed up, probably because he didn't want to be in the way of cops. I mean seriously, who the fuck runs from cops towards more cops?

As for resistance, I feel it's natural to resist if you didn't do anything. I probably would too.

Perhaps you missed the obvious sarcasm...but resisting being handcuffed for ANY reason is a bad idea. Better to deal with it in court than to be shot because some moron cop "thought he had his taser instead of his pistol."

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Perhaps you missed the obvious sarcasm...but resisting being handcuffed for ANY reason is a bad idea. Better to deal with it in court than to be shot because some moron cop "thought he had his taser instead of his pistol."
I dunno, passive compliance followed by a failure of the court system doesn't really sound like a driver of change to me.

Constant resistance, constant friction, an expectation of things being different, those are the drivers of change.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I dunno, passive compliance followed by a failure of the court system doesn't really sound like a driver of change to me.

Constant resistance, constant friction, an expectation of things being different, those are the drivers of change.

When I was much younger, fighting with the cops was a game...enjoyed by both sides. Sure, they generally won...and beat your ass...but they generally didn't kill you.
Nowadays, anything less than complete compliance is likely to get you shot.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
8zDx7EM.jpg

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

The "new normal" the Repubs are trying to cram down America's throat. Of course, they know what's good for the rest of us, just look at the guy they know for a fact had his election stolen from him and needs to be put back in the White House.

That's how superlatively supremacist their sense of judgement is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The "new normal" the Repubs are trying to cram down America's throat. Of course, they know what's good for the rest of us, just look at the guy they know for a fact had his election stolen from him and needs to be put back in the White House.

That's how superlatively supremacist their sense of judgement is.

The GOP never saw it coming. Trump, that is. A cult of personality installed atop their own relentless efforts to radicalize their base & the rest of us, too. It's been corrosive lies from Gingrich forward, even before that. They know they're lying. They don't care. They're just in it for the money, anyway. Whatever sells. Lying for Trump is just an extension of what they've done since forever.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The GOP never saw it coming. Trump, that is. A cult of personality installed atop their own relentless efforts to radicalize their base & the rest of us, too. It's been corrosive lies from Gingrich forward, even before that. They know they're lying. They don't care. They're just in it for the money, anyway. Whatever sells. Lying for Trump is just an extension of what they've done since forever.
The GOP built it, and are upset that some out-loud racist buffoon criminal has usurped their control over their own reprogrammable base voters.

That's the only "infighting" going on in the GOP. Who gets to control the reprogrammable meat bag base voters.

Reactions: dank69

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The GOP built it, and are upset that some out-loud racist buffoon criminal has usurped their control over their own reprogrammable base voters.

That's the only "infighting" going on in the GOP. Who gets to control the reprogrammable meat bag base voters.

Well, yeh, but Trump just commandeered the whole shebang, didn't he? Baffled 'em with bullshit & blinded them with the brilliant audacity of his con & command of social media. Mother fucker struck gold & he'd be damned if he'd let something like Democracy take it away from him, even if that meant insurrection. So of course he did. And the craven fools in the GOP leadership are still playing into it.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

It's a better driver of change but substantially worse for your health.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

To be fair, even as a male he never won a trophy or medal for being intellectually gifted, so her profile in that regard fits right in with the prevailing Repub mindset where considered forethought has been abandoned in favor of spontaneous emotional Trumpjerkism.