P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1451 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Fox News ain't too far off - especially the Trifecta of Hannity, Tucker and Ingraham

Well if they can't say anything good about the Repub party that owns exclusive rights to their content the only other thing they can do is distract from that fact by pointing their crooked fingers at the folks who are making them look bad simply by following that old saying whereby one should "never interfere with an enemy that is in the process of destroying itself".

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
p1psqoy0u7v61.jpg

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The reason old people think people become more conservative as they get older is because as they get older they tend to watch more Fox News. Those that don’t watch Fox News are less likely to turn to conservatism, is my guess.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The reason old people think people become more conservative as they get older is because as they get older they tend to watch more Fox News. Those that don’t watch Fox News are less likely to turn to conservatism, is my guess.
I have a different theory. Once people become comfortable, they have an increased desire for nothing to change, so they fall into a 'change is bad, I'm Conservative now' mindset (which unfortunately now also carries a lot of inherent racism/classism as well). Boomers weren't comfortable until older, when their wages finally caught up with what they should be. Gen X and beyond never really reach that point in numbers that would represent the whole, so we'll always be trying to chew on some rich folk.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
My Dad watched Fox because of the hot bimbos.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I have a different theory. Once people become comfortable, they have an increased desire for nothing to change, so they fall into a 'change is bad, I'm Conservative now' mindset (which unfortunately now also carries a lot of inherent racism/classism as well). Boomers weren't comfortable until older, when their wages finally caught up with what they should be. Gen X and beyond never really reach that point in numbers that would represent the whole, so we'll always be trying to chew on some rich folk.

I’m sure there is some truth to that but when you see a generation of people become more outspoken on the very subjects Fox News focuses on and they repeat the same talking points, well to me that’s and indication of something other than complacency. I highly doubt the people who, 15-20 years ago, I wouldn’t think of as being racist or at least repeating racist talking points has been, now, letting their guard down andexpressing their real opinions.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Rand Paul is an Idiot

Well...he's pretty much right about the Jim Crow thing...because:
Well duh, Sherlock!. The old democrats that are now republicans. Does this have to be explained over and over again!

zackly.

Wait...isn'a ALL beer "plant-based."

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
The reason old people think people become more as they get older is because as they get older they tend to watch more Fox News. Those that don’t watch Fox News are less likely to turn to conservatism, is my guess.

As it's been a thing since politics began I doubt it has anything much to do with Fox. If anything it's backwards.. those that are already conservative are more likely to watch Fox. As for why people become more conservative when they get older.. Older people normally make more and don't want to see that taxed. They're also more likely to have their lives sorted out and don't see the need to need a helping hand.. there's also the idea that because they had to suffer through it, it would be 'unfair' for those following to just have it handed to them.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
zackly.

He be trolling:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/26/trump-larry-kudlow-biden-plant-based-beer

Kudlow made the indignant claim on his Fox Business show on Friday, saying Biden’s climate policies and attempt to slash emissions would force Americans to “stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy and animal-based fats”.

“OK, got that? No burgers on 4 July. No steaks on the barbecue … So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag.”
Beer is typically made from grains, hops and yeast – not steak, sausages or chops.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I’m sure there is some truth to that but when you see a generation of people become more outspoken on the very subjects Fox News focuses on and they repeat the same talking points, well to me that’s and indication of something other than complacency. I highly doubt the people who, 15-20 years ago, I wouldn’t think of as being racist or at least repeating racist talking points has been, now, letting their guard down andexpressing their real opinions.

well, "people get more conservative as they age" is a rather old idiom that long predates Fox news. ....but I'm sure it's at least as old as AM radio, so probably the same relationship. I imagine back in the day, people age and drive around in their trucks doing their daily work, listening to Neal Bortz and other AM sociopaths.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
zackly.

Yeah it is. Not even 100 days in and all beer is already plant-based. That's why he is thanking Biden in that tweet. Trump tried to warn us a Biden presidency was going to be a nightmare, but 81 million people just wouldn't listen. We may never see another meaty beer again.

• Haha
Reactions: pmv