P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1361 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
LwKhCxZ.jpeg

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If they don't have bread, those stupid pieces of fucking garbage can just eat cake instead.

Amazing argument in the middle of a pandemic.

And I'm sure their landlords don't have to make mortgage payments, pay for repairs or taxes or insurance.....

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
And I'm sure their landlords don't have to make mortgage payments, pay for repairs or taxes or insurance.....
Ah yes, fuck families who don't have jobs to pay for rent, bills, or food.

We gotta think about the poor poor landlords with multiple houses.

If you didn't want to be homeless, you shouldn't have been born not-rich. Pretty simple.

Again, amazing argument during a pandemic.

Reactions: dank69 and RamIt

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That’s why giving direct payments to everyone so they can take care of their basic needs is the best way to address the problems you mentioned. Putting millions out on the street at the start of the winter isn’t exactly a good plan either.

Reactions: skooma

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That’s why giving direct payments to everyone so they can take care of their basic needs is the best way to address the problems you mentioned. Putting millions out on the street at the start of the winter isn’t exactly a good plan either.
Exactly.

$10,000 to every US Adult, no means testing.

Helps renters. Helps home howners. Helps landlords.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Easiest stimulus package they could ever pass.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Exactly.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

But trump and the republicans wants to give $1 to every person, and $10,000,000 each to their corporate buddies. Helping people, not a republican thing, well at least those not worth $100,000,000, minimum.

Reactions: nickqt

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Exactly.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

A single $10,000 check would help some...but many (most?) would just piss it away, just like most of us did the $1200 checks a few months ago. To make any REAL difference for those out of work, they would have to send out significant checks regularly...even monthly.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I am a landlord. I have a contingency fund to make sure I can take the rough the with smooth. If other landlords did not do that an spent their money wastefully fuck em, they deserve to go bankrupt.

So you can comfortably go for months on end with no rent being paid, yet still paying your mortgage, insurance, taxes, and keeping the rental maintained? Good for you.

Timorous

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2008
So you can comfortably go for months on end with no rent being paid, yet still paying your mortgage, insurance, taxes, and keeping the rental maintained? Good for you.

Yes because I can handle 1 property being void for many months between tenancies which is usually the case after a long rental because it needs to be refurbed which also has costs. That is called contingency planning and is a staple of fiscal responsibility.

Anyway this way OT for this thread.

Reactions: Gardener