P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1034 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
4b54690074350137a50e005056a9545d

Nov 25, 2013
Alizia, from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, living in Kyaka refugee settlement, Uganda
‘We left for Uganda in January 2018. In Congo my family were farmers. At the time of harvest, armed groups would come and take a cut of what we produced and sometimes kill people. We left Congo because life was too hard, and lost almost all of our belongings while coming here. I don’t want to go back to the DRC because the rebels used to beat my parents, and I lost my father. I wish we could settle in one place instead of having to move around, so that I can study. I want to become a doctor or a nurse’

Photograph: Fredrik Lerneryd/Save the Children

1679.jpg

Reactions: KMFJD
Nov 25, 2013
Beaufret, 14, from DRC, living in Kyaka camp
‘I’ve been in Uganda for two years now, we had to flee from Congo because the war didn’t stop. We could not do anything, bullets were flying over our heads, and they even killed my father. We saw when they were killing other people as well, which is not good for a child to see. Here is my house. Here is the person who cut my father. Here are the others, already dead. We are jumping over them while we are running. You can see the blood when they are dead’

1678.jpg

Nov 25, 2013
Prisca,14, from the DRC, living in Kyaka camp
‘We have been in Uganda for a year now. Our life in Congo was really hard, the rebels came into our village, raided our homes, and took everything and beat up everyone. My father was taken from our house by the rebels and killed, so we decided to run for our lives. I have a very strong memory of the day he was killed. He pleaded for his life in vain. On my picture I have drawn the gun and pangai as you can see, because it is what I experienced. Down here, I’ve drawn people fighting each other … It is my memory in my head’

Photograph: Fredrik Lerneryd/Save The Children

1679.jpg