P&Ns middle name is and

Page 742 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
RogerR20180802_low.jpg

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Text that was with the image on the bottom:

N1CMeBA.jpg

Ok folks.
This is my actual 'shopper' ID from my Soviet Life (1990).
By presenting it I was given monthly allotment of grains, sugar, flour, vodka etc. No ID - no groceries.
Now you know where trump gets his ideas...

**Feel fee to share.

Scary

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Text that was with the image on the bottom:

N1CMeBA.jpg

Ok folks.
This is my actual 'shopper' ID from my Soviet Life (1990).
By presenting it I was given monthly allotment of grains, sugar, flour, vodka etc. No ID - no groceries.
Now you know where trump gets his ideas...

**Feel fee to share.

Great. We are wanting to go a quarter century behind the Soviet Union

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I've sent them a message about those two tweets (though the above one is not on their twitter page), it's definitely piqued my curiosity.
Wait... you mean that's not a parody account/photoshops?

EDIT: Well, feed is definitely legit, and very active. I bet that last one's fake, but they post a ton of pictures of random knives turned in, so the other one's probably 'normal' for them.

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Wait... you mean that's not a parody account/photoshops?

The one dated July 3rd isn't (or at least I very much doubt that parody accounts get 'verified' status):
https://twitter.com/MPSHarrow/status/1014050101961068544

The second one could be (assuming it was a screengrab of a since-deleted tweet). AFAIK the law in the UK regarding knives is that you shouldn't carry one with a blade longer than three inches. Technically that includes a butter knife, which is what the May 15th ones look like, but I doubt that any police force would stop a random person and arrest them for carrying a butter knife, partly because 1) I'm sure they'd be the butt of all the jokes back at the station, 2) I very much doubt that butter knives were what the lawmakers had in mind and 3) who'd want to publicise arresting someone for anything quite as silly as that; it would be like rounding up cosplayers with rubber swords.

One thing I have heard of though is for gangs to sharpen such knives to the point that they could actually do some damage, but at a glance they don't look like a threat. I don't know whether there's any truth in that though.