P&Ns middle name is and

Page 398 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
083117R.J.Matson_Cagle.jpg

Reactions: Thebobo

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
how did he get a social security number?

OR

why did the marines take in a man without a social security number?

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005

OR

Unknown to most people, but you don't have to be an American citizen to serve in it's military

edit: He either was a green card recipient or the recruiter made a mistake, but my original point still stands.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

OR

More importantly, why did he want to fight and risk his life for a country that wants to deport him, when the people who wanted to deport him used every excuse in the book to get out of fighting for their country?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Unknown to most people, but you don't have to be an American citizen to serve in it's military

I was in the US military.

You need a fucking social or immigrant number to get in.

Oh wait, I forgot to add that part.

HOW DID HE GET IN IF HE DIDNT HAVE AN IMMIGRATION NUMBER?

Ok, good.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I was in the US military.

You need a fucking social or immigrant number to get in.

Oh wait, I forgot to add that part.

HOW DID HE GET IN IF HE DIDNT HAVE AN IMMIGRATION NUMBER?

Ok, good.

When you need cannon fodder to justify transferring trillions of dollars to defense contractors, you can't be too choosy.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

OR

Born in Guatemala, Gutierrez held permanent U.S. resident status, which he obtained in 1999.

At 14, with his parents dead, Gutierrez followed the path of 700,000 of his countrymen to California. He made the 2,000-mile journey from his Guatemala City neighborhood without entry papers. He hopped 14 freight trains to get through Mexico. U.S. immigration authorities detained him.

Fernando Castillo, Guatemala’s consul general in Los Angeles, says the United States doesn’t deport Guatemalan minors who arrive without family. Gutierrez was made a ward of Los Angeles Juvenile Court. He was placed in a series of group homes and foster families. He learned English and finished high school.

When he reached 18, he got residency documents, Castillo said.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/marine-lance-cpl-jose-gutierrez/256506