P&Ns middle name is and

Page 350 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009
197637_600.jpg
hahahaha, that was hilarious and precisely on target.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
In other news, you can get a free AR with purchase of a new roof, from a guy who looks like one of the village people-

596104bc1500006303bfca60.png

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...zarre-ad-campaign_us_596103a9e4b0d5b458eac73f

It's gettin' real weird out there...

How is that any different from how it's always been? Free gun for opening a banking account ring a bell?

In the olden times there was such a law as unlawful combination offers where if you were offering an addtional product it had to be applicable to the original sale as in a washer and you get a free installation of said washer or a washer and you get free detergent for a month.

Also couldn't put down other brands in your own commercials or make claims that were not explicitly approved by the applicable authority for testing the effectiveness of said product.

You could go into a store and ask a question and they were legally required to answer it honestly in those days, they couldn't lie and then claim ignorance like today.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How is that any different from how it's always been? Free gun for opening a banking account ring a bell?

In the olden times there was such a law as unlawful combination offers where if you were offering an addtional product it had to be applicable to the original sale as in a washer and you get a free installation of said washer or a washer and you get free detergent for a month.

Also couldn't put down other brands in your own commercials or make claims that were not explicitly approved by the applicable authority for testing the effectiveness of said product.

You could go into a store and ask a question and they were legally required to answer it honestly in those days, they couldn't lie and then claim ignorance like today.

You gotta admit that's a whole lot weirder than Michael Moore's free gun from a bank. A whole lot weirder. The American flag on the Porsche is also a nice touch, huh?

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
You gotta admit that's a whole lot weirder than Michael Moore's free gun from a bank. A whole lot weirder. The American flag on the Porsche is also a nice touch, huh?

I'd say it's as weird.

But then again I'm not used to this idiocy since I come from a sane nation.

Gotta give you the American flag on a German car though... that's just precious. :D

Wait, that's a 914, that's not a Porsche, that's a VW.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Brexit is sane?

Compared to the southern US it's like 200 000 years of evolution.

Compared to electing Trump it's fucking incredibly awesome in every way humanly possible.

By yours or my standards it's a fucking disgrace and if we look at the support for the campaign, the propaganda and the money spent we get the same picture we get when we look at Trumps admin.

Then again, the UKIP wasn't on the map when our general election took place but you elected your equivalent of Nigel Farage.

Nov 25, 2013
Compared to the southern US it's like 200 000 years of evolution.

Compared to electing Trump it's fucking incredibly awesome in every way humanly possible.

By yours or my standards it's a fucking disgrace and if we look at the support for the campaign, the propaganda and the money spent we get the same picture we get when we look at Trumps admin.

Then again, the UKIP wasn't on the map when our general election took place but you elected your equivalent of Nigel Farage.

Not me, I'm Canadian. Not my president! :p :D