P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1937 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
As I've mentioned before, online dating, while extremely frustrating, it's not bad around New York City because I see tons of women who automatically request Republicans and trumpers swipe left. And that gives you faith in humanity. But today I saw this gorgeous woman's profile and this was a new one. She was in travel mode in New York looking for a real man. As her profile says she can work remotely.

1000007351.png

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
BAkk9zO.png

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
This is us in Kentucky. 65° yesterday 70°F today!
Upstate NY, it's currently 65 as well. We're supposed to be in freezing temps until APR at least. This week is warm enough that everything that normally blooms on the earlier side will do so (skunk cabbage, daffodils, bing cherries, etc), and will get obliterated on the next freeze which is inevitable. We'll probably lose 80% of our would-be insects this season as well.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This is us in Kentucky. 65° yesterday 70°F today!

Upstate NY, it's currently 65 as well. We're supposed to be in freezing temps until APR at least.

60F in WI today as well. We've had a mild winter, but this is still highly unusual and as you said, could/will affect growth of flora and insects at the very least.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
My father retired from the AF in Syracuse back in the 70’s. Our winters were brutal!

Spring flora sprouted here last week. No bueno.

Reactions: Pohemi
Jan 25, 2011
Two weeks ago I thought, holy shit it's snowing out. In Southern Ontario. Then I remembered it wasn't even the middle of February yet. We had just hit 57f a day or two before. and we are almost back there again now.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Raises some interesting theological questions as to the relation between Christ and DNA, though. Could Neanderthals have achieved salvation, for example? Will there come a time where humans evolve to a point where they will no longer be accepted into heaven? Does St Peter check your genetic fingerprint before allowing admission?

I mean, thinking about that argument further (for much longer than it merits, granted) I struggle to see how one can invoke both DNA and Christian theology in the same argument. The two really don't mesh very well. I mean, blonde hair was apparently a late genetic mutation, so are blondes banned from heaven? The same might be said for white skin...though then I fear it's getting very close to the sort of beliefs the Nation of Islam adheres to. But mixing up science and theology might lead places that guy doesn't like.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Trump's cognitive decline is picking up speed -

He says it's wrong a baby can be born at 9 months. 🤣 He was trying to hit the late term abortion bullshit but his hamberder brain fucked it up.

• Haha