Apr 17, 2005
I played the demo and it was pretty fun but I forgot about it so when I saw it for 8 bucks during CC PC game sale I picked it up. I'm going to install it tonight or tomorrow but I was wondering why this game dropped off the radar?

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
It's decent. Good atmosphere, but it doesn't make up for the repetitive gameplay and awkward combat of the main hero. Worth 8$ though I think.

Feb 13, 2005
My buddy said it was worth the $20 best buy was asking for it so I just picked it up last night. havent played it yet but now I wish I got it for $7 after reading your thread.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Played it for a little bit. Got bored real fast.

Some folks try to compare it to Dungeon Keeper but I never thought they were similar.

I really want a new Dungeon Keeper.

Apr 17, 2005
that sucks that it gets tedious. especially for me since a lot of 'good' games dont hold my attention for long (e.g. fear). i guess fear is repetitive too so meh.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I didn't think it got "tedious" just repetitive. The villains were all very cool. The minions are cool for the first 1/3 of the game (at which point you already know all the things they say/do). I ended up not finishing it, which is rare for me (I even finished assassin's creed).

It's also cool how you can either be "evil" or "more evil" as opposed good/evil.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Eeezee
I didn't think it got "tedious" just repetitive. The villains were all very cool. The minions are cool for the first 1/3 of the game (at which point you already know all the things they say/do). I ended up not finishing it, which is rare for me (I even finished assassin's creed).

It's also cool how you can either be "evil" or "more evil" as opposed good/evil.

You didn't finish it :p

TRUST me ... it got T-E-D-I-O-U-S
tedious... why else would you quit

e.g. > grab the egg with the blue minion, lure the bird .. of course your G-D minions *suddenly* decide that they have minds of their own as they say, "F-you, Overlord" [a prelude to later] ... and then you have to struggle with it over-and-over repeating the *exact same [nightmare] sequence* 20 f'ing times ... and WORST of G-D all, if you fail ... and you WILL fail when the AI acts up, you have to sit thru an ANNOYING and long cutscene that the devs thought was 'too cute' ... until you f'ing MEMORIZE it because you can't skip it :|
:thumbsdown:

i call the "above" ^^^ tedious
... "repetitive" would be a welcome relief by the time you are 80% thru the game
--other than THAT, the game was pretty cool
:roll:

7/10 ... 10/10 for the 'minion concept' ... 3/10 for the practical application of it

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Played it for a little bit. Got bored real fast.

Some folks try to compare it to Dungeon Keeper but I never thought they were similar.

I really want a new Dungeon Keeper.

Same.
Maybe we can pray to the Gods at EA, who devoured bullfrog.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
I played the demo and it was pretty fun but I forgot about it so when I saw it for 8 bucks during CC PC game sale I picked it up. I'm going to install it tonight or tomorrow but I was wondering why this game dropped off the radar?

omg is that a space rts/turn based game? i used to play that back around 1992 i think... man that was a fun game, if it's the game i'm thinking about of course.

**edit nevermind. just read the rest of this post. this is not it.** :(

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I played it and had a lot of fun with it. I stopped playing due to other games though. Not because it was a bad game but because there were simply other games which attracted my interest more, but 2007 was like that with all those fine releases. I will probably pick it up again sometime.