overcoming geek hair

halfadder

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2004
So I've finally moved into my own apartment and I've finally got an ok car. Even my wardrobe is finally getting better (I no longer wear freebie computer tshirts in public). But my hair still makes me look like that nerdy guy who always answered the teacher's questions in high school physics class... a total mess, even when cut short, and never stays combed for more than 5 minutes!

Anyone know of a pointer to some "hair and hair styling for dummies" information? Or care to share your own info?

I don't even know how to use gel! The best my hair ever looked was when I had my barber buzz my hair really short, bootcamp style.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Shave it. That is what I do. Actually just the clippers with no gouard.

Or go to a salon but that sh!t cost money.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
cut it short... cheap and easy, and you don't have to do anything to it.

desk

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2004
Originally posted by: halfadder
So I've finally moved into my own apartment and I've finally got an ok car. Even my wardrobe is finally getting better (I no longer wear freebie computer tshirts in public). But my hair still makes me look like that nerdy guy who always answered the teacher's questions in high school physics class... a total mess, even when cut short, and never stays combed for more than 5 minutes!

Anyone know of a pointer to some "hair and hair styling for dummies" information? Or care to share your own info?

I don't even know how to use gel! The best my hair ever looked was when I had my barber buzz my hair really short, bootcamp style.

the biggest problem is that you're still combing your hair. just let it go...let it go.

halfadder

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked
Uh, buy a comb?
I do comb, but it's a mess again in about 5 minutes. My hair is pretty short actually, maybe 2" in the longest areas.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Uh, buy a comb?
I do comb, but it's a mess again in about 5 minutes. My hair is pretty short actually, maybe 2" in the longest areas.

That's not very short.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Uh, buy a comb?

Gel?

Go to a stylist once ($20-30) and see how they do it and what to suggest.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

Maybe just shave it really short (a few millimeters long) army style. Or go to a hair stylist and ask for advice.

edit: the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy book (available at Borders) has a chapter on hair, maybe that would have some helpful information.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
Wash your hair, go to a barber, and tell them to cut it.

If you really don't care and want the ladies to love you, go to a salon and have the girls cut whatever they think looks best.

They'd all enjoy the change of pace and would definatly know how to make your hair look good. Plus if your going to get a haircut, you might as well get one by 6 girls. (that's 12 boobies in j00r face!)