Overclocking with ram in sync

dynasty

Jul 15, 2003
I overclocked my processor but it wasn't stable so I changed it back to stock. What do I need to do to make my ram run sync with each other? I have a friend that told me if I ran my ram in sync that it would be more stable and I could overclock higher. I have an AMD 2500 and an Asus a7n8x deluxe mobo. Thanks

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dynasty
I overclocked my processor but it wasn't stable so I changed it back to stock. What do I need to do to make my ram run sync with each other? I have a friend that told me if I ran my ram in sync that it would be more stable and I could overclock higher. I have an AMD 2500 and an Asus a7n8x deluxe mobo. Thanks

More stable, maybe. It'll give better performance though if the RAM and CPU buses are in sync. You'll have to run benchmarks to find out for sure where the threshold lies - like, is 200/200 CPU/RAM faster than, maybe 220/190. You can try both buses at 166MHz, and increase them together from there. Your RAM is PC2700 though, so I can't be sure how high it'll go over its rated speed of 166MHz.