overclocking the ti4200

munki

Jul 8, 2001
hey, all. i have a leadtek ti4200 (128mb) and i would like to see what i can do with overclocking it. its running on an Epox 8kha+, xp 1600 and 256mb Corsair pc2400. Nothing on the system is overclocked, yet.

where do i start? i can overclock my system in bios easy, but how do i do it with the card?
tia

whiteboyatcal

Jul 1, 2002
A good place to start is with Nvidia's "Coolbits" registry mod which allows you set your video cards clock speeds in your Display Properties. Search on Yahoo and you'll find the file you need. I recommend this for newbie video card overclockers since it will only let you set the card to "sane" settings and you shouldn't be able to seriously damage it. Then, if you think the card can handle more, try one of the overclocking programs made for Geforce cards. Make sure your case is staying cool and run a video benchmarking program and watch for any signs the card is having problems (i.e. black lines sticking out of a moving image, pixels misplaced, jagged edges, missing textures in spots, etc.). If this happens, you pushed the card too far, back it off a bit. The true test is stability over time, so I recommend running a 3DMark looping burn-in for like 4-6 hours to make sure everything is kosher. Check out my results here:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=821798&STARTPAGE=1

Good Luck!