Overclocking on an Asus A7V

Ben88

Sep 21, 2000
How hard is it to overclock a Tbird on an A7V. I want to buy an 850 and OC it to 1000, but the place I want to buy from only has the A7V. I've never overclocked anything, but I do have a basic knowledge of a motherboard's layout. Is it easy to change the multiplier to 10x? Also, can I bump up the bus speed to 105 or 110 with the A7V? Thanks,
Ben

paulip88

Aug 15, 2000
Yes you can!

Its not too difficult. If you can read the manual you should be OK. Most of the issues that people have from the A7V involve little nuances about IRQs and drivers and such.

Basically all you have to do is connect the bridges on the CPU, assemble it (taking care when installing the heat sink/fan), and completing the basic setup. After that you can up the multiplier using DIP switches and adjust voltage and FSB using the BIOS. I do recommend using the jumpers for doing this, but you can get away using the BIOS.

The 850 should be able to reach the 900s, and possibly the 1G mark. As for the FSB, mileage depends on your luck, since the chipset doesn't like FSB OCing.

Ben88

Sep 21, 2000
Thanks paulip88. Would you mind helping me out once I get everything hooked up?