Over There - TV Series Interuptus

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I just watched Season 1 of "Over There" and enjoyed it immensely. It's a damn shame there are no more episodes as I was fully engaged in the ongoing story lines and they are all still open...

Netflix is now recommending the Over There Pilot DVD. Has anyone seen this? Is it worth getting it or is it just a DVD with the first episode on it?

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Netflix has the complete first season.

I thought the show was alright. I don't think it did very well because of the channel it was on, and I think the content was a little too intense, too soon.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I just realized that disc 4 was buried in my queue, so I have 2 more episodes left. I am glad and also less disappointed as the last episode I saw did not seem like much of a season finale...

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: jtusa
Netflix has the complete first season.

I thought the show was alright. I don't think it did very well because of the channel it was on, and I think the content was a little too intense, too soon.

FX has some of the most popular shows on TV. The Shield, Niptuck, whatever the firefighter show is with Dennis Leary... there may be others, but any network would give its left nut to have those shows.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I liked the show but i wont miss it. the stories were good but there was one thing missing that i could not put my finger on.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Citrix
I liked the show but i wont miss it. the stories were good but there was one thing missing that i could not put my finger on.

Accuracy?

If you go back and look at the military bloggers reactions to the show, they were pretty down on how inaccurate it was. Everything from the uniforms to the helicoptors to the situations to how the chain of command was shown.