Outpost.com End of Year Sale

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colie

Nov 19, 2001
Thanks, I just got my order from them today. Volcano 5 @$6.99 (good looking heatsink) and 2 Inland optical mice @7.99 each. Heat sink looks better than some of those $30 wonders I have laying around and the optical mouse works very well- lights up like a Christmas tree. Great deal with only $5.25 S&H.

Sangfroid

Aug 19, 2000
That Volcano is rated for athlon xp's. They still use Socket A, right? So this HSF could be used with an older 800 mHz thunderbird?

Colie

Nov 19, 2001
It should keep that 800 Thunderbird cool as a cucumber. Someone posted earlier rhat he was using one with an AMD 1600 mhz with temperature reading of 35 C. That is very good cooling.

bryanh

Dec 18, 2001
Does anyone know the quality of the CDR's on page 2 of those deals. At 9.50 for 50 with no rebate that's a pretty good deal (if they are good CDR's)

Bryan

Danzilla

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2000
It's hard to fathom why they advertise most of these prices as specials. For the most part they look like regular pricing. How much does the Volcano 5 usually cost? It's advertised as being $6.99 at Fry's too. That way at least I won't get stuck for $4 shipping.

BobF

Nov 30, 2001
I can answer that question. :)

The Volcano 5 that I just bought from the Burbank Fry's for $6.99 normally sells for $9.99.

In my local newspaper ad they put the $6.99 Volcano 5 right next to the $99 K7S5A/950 MHz Duron special. I think this is to catch the attention of those interested in buying all of these together. (That's what I did.)

Bob

<< It's hard to fathom why they advertise most of these prices as specials. For the most part they look like regular pricing. How much does the Volcano 5 usually cost? It's advertised as being $6.99 at Fry's too. That way at least I won't get stuck for $4 shipping. >>