Outlook Question Part Three

joshharrington

Apr 17, 2005
I'm just full of Outlook questions, but I think this one is of easier nature. I want to be able to send an email to a group of contacts that show up in the address book. The problem is, is that I'm in the group that I want to send the email to, but I don't want to get the email myself. It's a bit redundant to send an email to a group that you're in, just to receive the email. I've set up a rule, so far, to make it so if any email from that certain group is received, it goes right to the deleted items folder, but I'm still getting the email. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
How many people are in this group that you're talking about? I don't see why it would be so difficult to create another group that doesn't include yourself. :confused:

joshharrington

Apr 17, 2005
These are company groups and there are probably 10-20 people per group. The groups are pulled off of active directory, but I could see someone just making another group, but isn't there a simplier way to just make sure that you're not included in a sent message when you're in that group. Lotus Notes has this feature I know.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Okay, company environment - same as where I'm at.

If I compose a message to "IT Email" (which is a group in my company including me and the rest of my department(4 other people), the display in the To: Field shows up as "+IT Email" Clicking on the + will expand the group to display all members of it - at this point you can then right-click on your name and cut it from the list, thereby allowing you to send to everyone in the group except yourself. :)