Outdoor Speakers

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
It's finally almost spring up here and I'm looking for speakers for my smallish deck at a house we just moved into. When the contractors were refurbing the wiring in the kitchen I had them run some outdoor wiring for a set of speakers on the deck under the eaves with a connecting wall socket so all I have to do is install the speakers and I'm GTG. Now I need some decent outdoor speakers. I'm looking at some Polk Atrium 5's:

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/atrium/#atrium5

I want to keep it under 300 so what else do any of you have experience with that's decent without blowing that pricepoint away?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
I had the predecessor to those Polks on my deck for years and really liked them. Never cranked them for partying, but for the spa and occasional gathering music, they were just fine. I live in Cent. Calif., so it never got below 25 degrees or snowed; rained like hell, and they stood up to it well.

Last edited:

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
The speakers won't stay outside here. I don't care how good they are our winters will brutalize them. Well, not this year. Definitely going to look at those links and give them a long look. I love options.