Out of $800 on E-Bay

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Passions
I call shens on this. No way that piece of rag costs $800!!!!!!!!

It has a chanel tag on it. If not for that tag, women would see it for the ugly pos it truly is.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Passions
I call shens on this. No way that piece of rag costs $800!!!!!!!!

you need to talk to a girl for just a few seconds before you call BS on something like this. then you will see how stupid your statement was.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How about posting the phone number of this crazy seller? We could then all use our *free* evening minutes on our cell phones to encourage this person to either send the item or return the $800.

Mods/Disclaimer: I know posting such phone numbers is a "no-no". But, a nice Anandtech Assault should clear things up quite quickly. ;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
bhaahhaha no offense to women in general...well ok, offense to women in general...why the FVCK do you buy such expensive, NASTY, clothing!!!

ok, coach purses for example...i found a purse that looks similar to my girlfriend's and her mom's at target for 20 dollars, and theirs were 250-300! WTF! and my sister bought a diaper bag for $500!!!!!!!!! i found something that looked BETTER than that at target/walmart (cant remember) for like 25-30 dollars!!

WTF! i move to ban women from spending money, FOREVER!
Yep, it's rather obscene. We know a couple who doesn't make all that much money, but the wife manages to go shopping for expensive clothes about every week. It's a real drain on their finances. I'm glad mrsskoorb doesn't have a dozen or more pairs of shoes and buy new crap all the time. There is only so much a guy should take of that nonsense, just as I wouldn't expect her to tolerate me spending thousands upon thousands every year on stupid electronics.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
it doesnt make them look, smell, or act any nicer when they have their expensive POS purse on.
No, but it makes other women OHH and AHH over it.

As opposed to those expensive wheels or that big screen TV or the most up-to-date computer - guys don't look, smell, or act any nicer when they have those but it makes other guys OOH and AHH over them.

Just a view from the female side. :)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: allisolm
it doesnt make them look, smell, or act any nicer when they have their expensive POS purse on.
No, but it makes other women OHH and AHH over it.

As opposed to those expensive wheels or that big screen TV or the most up-to-date computer - guys don't look, smell, or act any nicer when they have those but it makes other guys OOH and AHH over them.

Just a view from the female side. :)

who said i condone buying that crap either? but at least a big screen TV has tangible results. the most up-to-date computer is also subjective, not objective. it depends on what you use it for. there is NO justification for expensive clothing, NONE. wheels on a car...that is about equal to girls buying expensive clothes i guess, but i see a lot more women with those stupid $500 outfits on than guys with wheels on their car. maybe its where i live, but i doubt it since i see it in other states as well. i was being sarcastic in my initial post, but a lot females really do have an out-of-control spending problem.

buying TVs and stuff doesnt really count since both sexes use them. i do see your point, but clothes, shoes, and the accessories that go with them are the biggest money hole, EVER. just look at this POS item on ebay for example...

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
but at least a big screen TV has tangible results.

Remind me again just what the tangible results of having a big screen TV are other than being able to brag that you have a bigger............screen. :D

buying TVs and stuff doesnt really count since both sexes use them.

Again, from the woman's side - that's a guy argument. I don't know too many women who are going to plead for a 4-digit price TV so they can watch Dr Phil on a bigger screen.

I was just hoping that you guys might stop for a minute and see another view and, at least in one aspect, ("wheels on a car...that is about equal to girls buying expensive clothes i guess") someone did.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

Remind me again just what the tangible results of having a big screen TV are other than being able to brag that you have a bigger............screen. :D

Again, from the woman's side - that's a guy argument. I don't know too many women who are going to plead for a 4-digit price TV so they can watch Dr Phil on a bigger screen.

I was just hoping that you guys might stop for a minute and see another view and, at least in one aspect, ("wheels on a car...that is about equal to girls buying expensive clothes i guess") someone did.

allisolm, i dont want you to think that i am saying women piss money away ALL THE TIME and that guys never waste it. i realize both sides waste money on stuff...i mean i am guilty of it myself.

what i meant by a bigger TV having tangible results is that instead of buying any 13"-17" TV that works perfectly fine, you can get a bigger tv to put in something like a media room. i didnt mean 45" plasma screens...those are pretty much retarded IMO. i meant like a 60" projection screen bought on a hot deal for like $1500 or maybe a 50" for less than a grand. with something like that, you can, like i said a second ago, make a media room and have the party at your house instead of someone elses. if you arent into group stuff at your house, you can still sit a little further away and have a less cramped looking room. i have no idea what you could do to please yourself with the TV setup, but at least it has a variety of choices instead of buying nice shoes that go with 1 or 2 outfits...see what i mean? its hard to explain...it would be much easier if we could talk about this with voices instead of fingers :) if you dont care what i am saying, at least know that i am not sexist and i dont think i am superior to women because i like to buy different things than they do...that is the most important thing here.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

allisolm, i dont want you to think that i am saying women piss money away ALL THE TIME and that guys never waste it. i realize both sides waste money on stuff...i mean i am guilty of it myself.

what i meant by a bigger TV having tangible results is that instead of buying any 13"-17" TV that works perfectly fine, you can get a bigger tv to put in something like a media room. i didnt mean 45" plasma screens...those are pretty much retarded IMO. i meant like a 60" projection screen bought on a hot deal for like $1500 or maybe a 50" for less than a grand. with something like that, you can, like i said a second ago, make a media room and have the party at your house instead of someone elses. if you arent into group stuff at your house, you can still sit a little further away and have a less cramped looking room. i have no idea what you could do to please yourself with the TV setup, but at least it has a variety of choices instead of buying nice shoes that go with 1 or 2 outfits...see what i mean? its hard to explain...it would be much easier if we could talk about this with voices instead of fingers :) if you dont care what i am saying, at least know that i am not sexist and i dont think i am superior to women because i like to buy different things than they do...that is the most important thing here.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Men prefer function over form, women prefer form over function. We, being men, think that's stupid.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

A plasma screen isn't retarded imo.

Saves space and you can hang it on a wall and it looks nicer (very subjective! but hey...).

In houses in England they are in the most MUCH smaller then in the usa and cost more.

I spend £££ on clothes but nothing as crazy as £800 on a dam jacket! And one that looks that bad to me! But hey if she wants it...

PC wise I go for the best bang for buck performance as it has more value for performance then the top end stuff. You get diminishing returns with performance and £££ the higher you go up. I can see spending more £££ if your computer time is £££ for you.

This really sucks about ebay. I hope you can sort something out and get your £££ back.

Koing

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
bhaahhaha no offense to women in general...well ok, offense to women in general...why the FVCK do you buy such expensive, NASTY, clothing!!!

ok, coach purses for example...i found a purse that looks similar to my girlfriend's and her mom's at target for 20 dollars, and theirs were 250-300! WTF! and my sister bought a diaper bag for $500!!!!!!!!! i found something that looked BETTER than that at target/walmart (cant remember) for like 25-30 dollars!!

WTF! i move to ban women from spending money, FOREVER!

edit: for those who couldnt figure it out, i was being 100%, well 95%, sarcastic when i wrote this ;)

My wife has three coach purses, and I plan on getting her more, I myself have a coach travel case and would love one of their briefcases should I ever get a real job outside of IT...good deals at the outlet on stuff like this...

personally if you look at the quality of the Target crap and compare it to Coach or other nicer items you will see they don't really compare, but then again you could buy alot of target stuff vs one coach item...it is all about liking finer things in life, much like buying a Rolex or a Timex...also Coach is cheap when compaired to Louis Vuitton.