Out of $800 on E-Bay

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: minendo
Was the Money Order a USPS Money Order? Also, was the Money Order shipped through the USPS?
Yep, if you can get the Postal Police, or at least their local postal inspector involved, you will definitely have charges pressed.
from her bank, Compass Bank

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Was the Money Order a USPS Money Order? Also, was the Money Order shipped through the USPS?

Not a USPS Money Order, but it was sent USPS.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MCrusty

Not a USPS Money Order, but it was sent USPS.

Report the fraud to your local post office and ask what steps you should take.

TripleAAA

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2002
What about a tracking number and/or insurance for through the shipping? If I buy anything over $100, I always make sure I get a tracking number and insurance on the package.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by: TripleAAA
What about a tracking number and/or insurance for through the shipping? If I buy anything over $100, I always make sure I get a tracking number and insurance on the package.

If you read all of the first post, there was no tracking number given as the communicatoin stopped before then :(

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why did you(she) buy something from someone that isnt a registered user?

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
and i thought i was screwed when my $8 set of ramsinks for my video card haven't come in yet (been almost 3 weeks)...

good luck

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
bhaahhaha no offense to women in general...well ok, offense to women in general...why the FVCK do you buy such expensive, NASTY, clothing!!!

ok, coach purses for example...i found a purse that looks similar to my girlfriend's and her mom's at target for 20 dollars, and theirs were 250-300! WTF! and my sister bought a diaper bag for $500!!!!!!!!! i found something that looked BETTER than that at target/walmart (cant remember) for like 25-30 dollars!!

WTF! i move to ban women from spending money, FOREVER!

edit: for those who couldnt figure it out, i was being 100%, well 95%, sarcastic when i wrote this ;)

Blastomyces

Banned
Mar 23, 2004
This is one the latest scams going on. Someone builds up some feedback, then dumps a load of expensive goods on ebay. After they receive the $$$, they unregister which prevents the bidders from leaving feedback. After 90 days, repeat. Totally sucks, contact all the local authorities and www.fraud.org as well. Hope it works out.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
bhaahhaha no offense to women in general...well ok, offense to women in general...why the FVCK do you buy such expensive, NASTY, clothing!!!

ok, coach purses for example...i found a purse that looks similar to my girlfriend's and her mom's at target for 20 dollars, and theirs were 250-300! WTF! and my sister bought a diaper bag for $500!!!!!!!!! i found something that looked BETTER than that at target/walmart (cant remember) for like 25-30 dollars!!

Its probably the same reason why you would buy a 3.2 instead of a 2.4 ;)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: her209

i can see your arguement, but at least there is a tangible difference. it doesnt make them look, smell, or act any nicer when they have their expensive POS purse on.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
egads what a terrible looking...whatever that is.

anyway the best thing to do as suggested before is to contact the local PD, and the trollhunters. $800 is a large chunk of change, enough to get the police interested.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Heh, dont ask me why she wanted to buy it...or for that matter why females buy anything over $30 that looks ugly...i'm just trying to help her get her money back :p.

:beer:

ps...discrete math sucks..:(

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000

i can see your arguement, but at least there is a tangible difference. it doesnt make them look, smell, or act any nicer when they have their expensive POS purse on.

No, but it makes other women OHH and AHH over it.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

No, but it makes other women OHH and AHH over it.

another good point...but that doesnt make any of them less or more stupid than the other...it just puts them all on the same plane.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I feel sorry for your loss, and wish you the best of luck, but I can't help but agree that that is truely the ugliest piece of appearal I have ever seen.

LeetViet

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
I feel sorry for your loss, and wish you the best of luck, but I can't help but agree that that is truely the ugliest piece of apparel I have ever seen.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
wow, chanel can slap their label on anything

nonetheless, contact the police, file fraud claim with ebay, and of course the FBI, since if they can hunt down MP3 downloaders for the RIAA surely they can spare a moment for a real crime