Out of $800 on E-Bay

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
If anybody is near Groveland, IL 61535 and would like to stop by someones house for me to try and get some money back, that would be greatly appreciated. I will compensate you for your time and effort. PM me if you are interested.

Basically my bro's GF purchased a jacket on E-Bay and sent off a Money Order for it. There was no contact for about a week and then the seller sent an e-mail with all sorts of excuses..car broke down...son sick in hospital..blah blah blah. The seller said the item was shipped out that same day. It's been almost 2 weeks and no item. No response from the seller, no confirmation number...nothing.

Bump for the cause, and PM me if you are kind enough to help.

Cheers,
:beer:

Auction in Question

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by: kalster
800 dollar jacket :Q

Yeah, she buys and sells all sorts of crap like that. 3k Purses and stuff...I dont understand...guess I gotta have pvssy to know ;)

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
North of Springfield. Never heard of it before tonight. If I had nothing to do I'd go down there and raise hell. But I'm going to London on Thursday.... :(

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Dam :(

Hope you get your money back!

Koing

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Send the fool some Anthrax. That'll be the end of screwing purchasers over. Period.
rolleye.gif

teckmaster

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2000
well, if she actually sent a money order and has the receipt, its not that hard to get money back

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by: teckmaster
well, if she actually sent a money order and has the receipt, its not that hard to get money back

How would she go about doing this, she bought the money order from her bank, Compass Bank. She went in and talked to them, and all the could do was tell her that the money order was cashed :(

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yep, contact the troll hunters. They can at least give you some pointers.

Contact the Groveland PD and your local PD, and put them in communication with each other. Police are often helpful in such situations, but ONLY when you do the legwork for them.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Damn. Groveland is about 35 minutes from where my parents live. It's a bit south of Pekin in Tazewell county.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by: teckmaster
did she say anything to the bank about not receiving the item?

Yeah, they wouldn't tell her if it had been cashed until she mentioned she never got the item.

Dialogue:
Her> Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me if a money order had been cashed.
Bank> No, sorry we dont do that.
Her> Oh, cause I paid for something that I never got and I was wondering the person even got my money
Bank> Well, in that case I can tell you...

etc etc etc

Originally posted by: Ozoned
What does e-bay make of this, or do they even care??:Q
They don't. They already got their money for the auction, and their role in this is done.
rolleye.gif

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
76 miles south of me, hopefully someone else is closer. I do not believe I have time right now.

Edit: Its east and slightly north of me.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Was the Money Order a USPS Money Order? Also, was the Money Order shipped through the USPS?

Originally posted by: minendo
Was the Money Order a USPS Money Order? Also, was the Money Order shipped through the USPS?
Yep, if you can get the Postal Police, or at least their local postal inspector involved, you will definitely have charges pressed.

LSUfan

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2003
Show the auction. Maybe somebody else has delt with this person or knows somthing about them.