Our new puppy. "Lucy" wins!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

squirrel dog

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Stains . That way you can stick your head out the back door and yell .......

" Come Stains" .

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It'd be cool to have some big dogs (huskies, shepards, mastifs, ect) named Porter, Stout, and Lager.

:D

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Skacer
You came up to NH :D
Hope you had a nice trip.

Driving in New Hampshire and Vermont: leffffft turrrrn, riggggggh turrrrrn, lefffft turrrrn, rigggght turrrrrn...
"What's that smell?"
"I think it's the brakes."

Originally posted by: Turin39789
How'd you get into farming?
Found a nice place in the country with a barn. We were looking for a place in the country like this. Originally thought we'd raise alpacas, but the market, especially in this area, is very saturated. My in-laws raise alpacas though. One of the breeders (friend of in-laws) in Wisconsin was driving in to deliver some animals; suggested fainting goats. A little research, and quick work in the barn to prepare a stall, and our first 3 arrived.

Right now, our expansion goals are to also add 4 or 5 dairy goats (probably toggenburgs), and to be able to add cheese and goat milk soap to what we offer. We're also considering getting a few sheep for milk for the exact same purpose.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: DrPizza
edit: Amazingly, I have to add this edit to point out that it doesn't *have* to be a beer name. I'm just all named out though. Most of our currently named pets: Dozer, Brandi, (puppy), Black Cat, Ping, Heart, Droopy, Sandy, Patrick, Gruff, Valentine, Dusty, Brianna-Lynne, Arielle, Scotty, Tucker, Ahmand, Bleu Skye (Skye), Priscilla, Ginger, Dot, Spring Blossom, Star (aka Mini-moo), Cinnamon, Del, Mattie, Dorie, Pennie, Pattie, Lizzy, Pillsbury, Blue Bonnet, Foghorn, Ramone, Captain Morgan, Rosie, Torchie, Choco, Holly, Isabel, Calvin, and probably a couple that have slipped my mind.

I feel flattered. Honestly, I don't know what to say.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Mloot
OP, is this your first Pyrenees? We've had ours for almost eight years now, and she's the best dog we've ever had.

Yes, she's our first Pyrenees. But, we also have 2 other dogs (lab/boxer mix, some sort of shepherd mix.) We just had to have our golden retriever put to sleep a couple months ago. I didn't think we were going to get another dog, but we had a buck for sale, a buyer strung us along for a while, then backed out. Another breeder wanted one of our bucks (the little guy's father.) No way. So, she wanted to trade bucks. Nope, we already have enough. Then, she offered to trade a puppy that was just born for our buck. Sounded good to me!