• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Other Fallout Aspects Begin

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
66,615
3,408
126
Corporate donations of any kind to political parties should be banned. They are not people and the wage differences from bottom to top should not be more that 50X. Both Supreme Court rulings that say that corporations are people and money is speech should be fixed by constitutional amendment.
 

Lost_in_the_HTTP

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2019
1,475
750
96


MC, Visa .. you listening?
 

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
4,763
4,082
136
Calls for Lauren Boebert (Congresswoman, Glock)'s arrest or recall for tweeting out Pelosi’s location during the riot.

 

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,921
3,011
136
Corporate donations of any kind to political parties should be banned. They are not people and the wage differences from bottom to top should not be more that 50X. Both Supreme Court rulings that say that corporations are people and money is speech should be fixed by constitutional amendment.
This! politicians OWNED by these corporations has destroyed our process. All the fucking riders on bills for all the "special interest" agendas of the corporate whores we send to Washington.

None of those corporations should be donating to any politician.

If they want/need tax deductions, donate to things that benefit society, create scholarships, create a foundation to improve poorer schools, fucking pay you employees better.
 
Mar 11, 2004
20,696
2,836
126
Calls for Lauren Boebert (Congresswoman, Glock)'s arrest or recall for tweeting out Pelosi’s location during the riot.

Yep that dumbass needs to be charged for explicitly endangering a fellow member of congress. Hopefully its for something that prevents here from ever lawfully owning a firearm.
 
Mar 11, 2004
20,696
2,836
126
I was gonna post this but when I saw it, it was being discussed on Twitter with no real source links (just assumptions that she is likely being investigated, someone mentioned she helped book 80 buses to get people there).

The wife of a sitting Supreme Court Justice played a role in an attempted insurrection. And yet we have people going "now let's not go too far and hold these people accountable, it was probably just a few bad apples..."
 

Leeea

Senior member
Apr 3, 2020
327
321
96
This is not good enough. Corporations that support politicians at state level engaging in vote suppression and racial gerrymandering should also be put on notice. We will not stand for it, they will be held to account!
and just how are we going to go about doing that?

I do not know which corporations are guilty, much less how I can affect their finances.
 

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
29,147
2,865
126
let's be honest here.
49% of their motivation may be altruistic, but the other 51% is financial/capitalism. These companies and their boards/CXOs know that any ties to any of these people could be harmful to their brand and therefore their bottom line.

In the end, I personally don't care all that much what the motivation is - I just want to see all these losers boxed out of civilization.
 
Nov 8, 2012
18,110
3,666
136
let's be honest here.
49% of their motivation may be altruistic, but the other 51% is financial/capitalism. These companies and their boards/CXOs know that any ties to any of these people could be harmful to their brand and therefore their bottom line.

In the end, I personally don't care all that much what the motivation is - I just want to see all these losers boxed out of civilization.
They are doing it for the free press headlines.

Money will be free-flowing back into Republican pockets the moment the publicity of this dies down in less than a month.
 

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
4,763
4,082
136
The parent corporation of Westwood One is barring its talk show hosts from pushing conspiracy theories. I’m excerpting this from The Washington Post (paywalled).

After months of stoking anger about alleged election fraud, one of America’s largest talk-radio companies has decided on an abrupt change of direction.

Cumulus Media, which employs some of the most popular right-leaning talk-radio hosts in the United States, has told its on-air personalities to stop suggesting that the election was stolen from President Trump — or else face termination.

A Cumulus executive issued the directive on Wednesday, just as Congress met to certify Joe Biden’s election victory and an angry mob of Trump supporters marched on the Capitol, overwhelmed police and briefly occupied the building, terrorizing lawmakers and leading to the deaths of five people.

“We need to help induce national calm NOW,” Brian Philips, executive vice president of content for Cumulus, wrote in an internal memo, which was first reported by Inside Music Media. Cumulus and its program syndication arm, Westwood One, “will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable ‘paths.’ ”

The memo adds: “If you transgress this policy, you can expect to separate from the company immediately.”

A Cumulus representative did not respond to repeated requests for comment on Sunday.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Captante and DaaQ

ASK THE COMMUNITY