OT: Where to buy BDUs?

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My kid is attending Norwich University in Vermont... a private military school... he's in the Army ROTC and, being Canadian (we're not allowed to petition for American citizenship for another 4.5 yrs), he needs to buy some of the stuff as the Army won't pay for it since he's not American and is not commissionable. Among other things (list to come someday I guess), we need to buy at least one BDU for him. I imagine there is more information that I will need from him (style, etc), but I know that many of you have served... do you have recommendations for specific outlets for military gear?

Thanks!
Geoff

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
If these are for "inspection" I would buy them off a base commesary.If not then any army navy store (can buy used) might be an option. I havent bought any uniforms since 1988 though:(

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
hmm... don't think they are for inspection... the school supplied unis that are for inspection... I *think* these are for PT and for the military exercises they will be doing (survival training, marksmanship, etc...). I'll get more info when he has the time to reply...

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
thanks! I did google BDUs and came up with a pile of sites, I'm just wondering who has first-hand experience with a particular vendor and that they would recommend :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
/petrus curious:

May be a stupid question (but I served in the Swedish army): What is a BDU? :eek:

Edit: added smileys etc..

/still curious ...:laugh:

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Well thanks for the link Wis - I've been on the lookout for some camoflage tarps for covering my radio-astronomy dishes. :D

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I can't get on that site... :(

[Edit] I can get on the index for the site, but not on any of the product pages...

wischeez

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2004
Originally posted by: GeoffS
I can't get on that site... :(

[Edit] I can get on the index for the site, but not on any of the product pages...

Here's the link to the BDU pages....BDU's

BTW, it's at..... http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/

They will also send you a paper catalog if you request it. PM your info to me Geoff if you can't get into the site and I will request a catalog for you.......:)