OT: Warm deal on Grind & Brew Coffee Pot?

grunge09

Apr 15, 2001
Both Sears and Amazon.com have this 10 cup Cuisanart Grind (the beans) & Brew Coffee pot for $99.00.

Now IF you have a Sams Club membership they have the same Cuisanart 10 cup grind and brew coffee pot for $44.98 straight up.

I checked Sams Club web site and they do not list this item on it nowhere.

Sears item # 00826154000 Url New Coffee Maker

Amazon Url Reconditioned Coffee maker

Amazon New Url New Coffee Maker

Amazon buyers give it mixed reviews but Cuisanart appears to stand behind their product on the service side.

Props to maverick319 for finding a better deal of $19.95. They give you the coffee maker to grind and brew their coffee.

Url Free Coffee maker with subscription

mailnride

Apr 16, 2001
Anyone have this? How well does it work?

I always grind my own coffee in a separate grinder. I've looked at this unit in the store, doesn't seem possible that it would work.

Danzilla

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2000
grunge09,
It's usually a good idea to remove session IDs from your links. Not always possible, but sometimes it helps.\
Sears - Cuisinart model DGB-300 for $109.99
Amazon's reconditions DGB300FR for $39.99
Amazon's DGB-300 for $99.99 (with a free carafe by mail)

Maverick319,
You know of anyone that's actually subcribed to gevalia.com and gotten the coffee maker? I can't help but notice that while the picture does show a Cuisinart grind & brew, no mention of any brand name is made in the offer for the 'free' unit.

Forever42

Mar 24, 2001
On the order form:

"Please make your Grind and Brew Coffee Maker selection:"

Kinda tempted to head on down to Sam's. Don't want to deal with Gevalia. My mom's had pains trying to cancel from them, but it was years ago so I don't remember much.

Healey

Jul 7, 2000
I signed up for a Gevalia deal a while back. Got the intro package but forgot to cancel so a few months later I get a second shipment along with an invoice. I called their 800 number and told them of my mistake and asked about returning the second order, the CSR said there was no problem, canceled my account, zero'd out the amount due, and told me to use or pass along the second shipment to a friend.

In no way am I advocating taking advantage of their policy, I think that would be unfair. But they do seem to be very easy to work with.

Maverick319

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 1999
Danzilla, I recently took advantage of the thermal carafe deal and ordered online. In about a week USPS delivered it to my door with no problem. I have dealt with Gevalia in the past and have found them to have some of the best customer service agents out there.

When my package came, I expected a plastic coffee scoop in the box. Not finding one, I called CS to see if I was missing one and they said they don't send one out initially, but would be glad to send me a complimentary one. A week later I received a stainless Gevalia coffee scoop, and a bill. I called CS back and they said they do have complimentary plastic scoops they send, but from the notes from my previous call the CS agent said it was a new agent's error and they would immediately credit my card.

I am happy with Gevalia, and the coffee pot they sent is top-notch (especially for 10 bucks) I believe I will not continue with their subscription service since I cannot seem to develop a coffee habit. I love the smell of coffee and like the caffeine buzz, but it is so much easier to open a can of diet coke in the morning.

I would give Gevalia an enthusiastic two thumbs up.

Turbopit

Dec 17, 2000
We got one a couple weeks ago at Sam's. It's alright. We just moved into a new area in a house I built and I think I still need to get a customed to the water, makes everything taste funny. The grindr works well, but evey inside piece of the coffee maker ends up with powdered coffee all over it. It rinses right off, but it's a little annoying.

Zwingle

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
My wife got me the Krups 10 cup Grind and Brew for Christmas.....burr cut, water filtration system, self cleaning grinder.......works great...she picked it up at Kohl's for half off....regular price was $89.99, she got it for 45.99... Here it is at Kohl's website.....you might still find it half off at one of their weekly sales.